Solidworks software with windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the software is not capable of running (supported) on Vista, it will not run on Windows 7. Perhaps look for a future release of the software to show up with Vista/Windows 7 support.

That is true. I tried to run 07 with Vista, and it almost seems designed to ignore any possible method of ensuring compatibility. It simply will not work. 08 and 09 work fine though.

Some , but not all , versions of Windows 7 allow you to run a VM of XP and have xp apps appearing on screen at the same time as Windows/vista aps

The other alternative is to update solidworks to a later version which will run with vista

You may even find that you could install an older version of solidworks on a vista pc by using compatibility mode
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-compatibility-mode/

Yeah, I was thinking use of a VM with Vista. I was under the impression Vista 64 Ultmate was the only release of that OS that supports VM. OP apparently has Vista and is considering Windows 7. Use of a VM may not have occured to OP. He has not responded to his thread. Note: Yeah I concur, apparently Windows 7 will be more VM 'friendly'.

Status
Not open for further replies.