CPU: FX6300
RAM: 8X1
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 250
HD: 1TB Seagate
Monitor: HP S1931a
PSU: 550W-CM (semi-modular) from Corsair
Motherboard type: GIGABYTE AM3+ Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2
Cooler: Logisys Corp. AC4400BT Beta 400 ST AMD CPU Cooling

The original thread I brought up that my desktop was randomly rebooting with a kernal power 41 error which led me and others to believe that my problem was a bad PSU (it was a stock brand that was ~3 years old) http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3595615/kernal-power-error-psu-upgrade-recommendations.html

It just randomly rebooted again and I strongly doubt Corsair/amazon sent me a bad PSU however now I am wondering if it is another piece of hardware. The CPU, motherboard, RAM stick, GPU, and HD are around 2-3 years old so I wonder if they are just starting to show their age. Or maybe it is a software issue? I don't know hence why I am here.

It is not a thermal reboot problem (my temperatures are fine).

After this I disabled the automatic rebooting in my system settings as well.

UPDATE 2/16/2018: So I ended up taking it to a shop where it was determined my Hardware seemed fine but my OS was corrupted. Fresh install of windows 10 and so far no random reboots.

JPC2015

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2015

Are there any distinct physical symptoms that can be observed to the naked eye that may indicate hardware failure on a motherboard or GPU?

G

I think your doubt is correct. It seems bad psu unit to me aswell.It can be a ram issue to.

I suggest you to try luck with different make of ram like corsair,g.skill,kingston.

Probably its a faulty memory or its a bad psu.

Mark RM

Admirable
If you're skilled at board level repair I'll often drop 95% ethanol on the board while it's powered. I divide the board into eight areas and try to isolate hot spots that indicate shorts. The spots that evaporate the ethanol first are the ones I check first.

If this motherboard came into my place, I's suspect it was the power phase processioning for the CPU and test it under load with just the CPU and the onboard video, one stick of ram sitting out the case on a cardboard box. I'd pound that processor with a high load under a Linux mint boot CD until it shutdown.. or not.

JPC2015

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2015

I literally just got this Corsair PSU to replace a highly suspect PSU for the reason of the random reboots, I would much rather not go through the trouble of returning a new psu if it is possibly something else. Seems like the chances of getting another psu that is faulty is low...

And I consider myself a novice-intermediate when it comes to fiddling with computer hardware.