[SOLVED] Solutions?

Solution
Many products have designed in EOL (End of Life).

Which basically means that however well you use, maintain, and care for a given item that the item will eventually fail at some point.

Failure may be in part or in whole. Gradual or sudden. Statistically predicable only in large numbers.

Cheap components, sloppy assembly, little or no QA just accelerates the problem.

Poor design, minimal user documentation also contribute to premature product failures.

In my mind, especially with a TV 10+ years old, that is the "know what it is". Add a few bumps and bangs - end of TV.

Ralston18

Titan
What happened: Cleaning, was the screen hit by something, or did the unit tip over?

How, when, did the discoloration, etc.. appear?

Make (LG) , model, age, condition (new, used, refurbished)?

Where purchased?

What have you done or tried to fix the problem?

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
What happened: Cleaning, was the screen hit by something, or did the unit tip over?

How, when, did the discoloration, etc.. appear?

Make (LG) , model, age, condition (new, used, refurbished)?

Where purchased?

What have you done or tried to fix the problem?

I open the television maybe once in 2 or 3 months...
It is internal, and the TV has more than 10 or even 15 years, for sure.
I would like to know what it is. I already imagine that I need a new TV, but since I am in the process of gettting a new pc monitor, maybe I will try a bigger one, also for TV purposes.

Ralston18

Titan
Many products have designed in EOL (End of Life).

Which basically means that however well you use, maintain, and care for a given item that the item will eventually fail at some point.

Failure may be in part or in whole. Gradual or sudden. Statistically predicable only in large numbers.

Cheap components, sloppy assembly, little or no QA just accelerates the problem.

Poor design, minimal user documentation also contribute to premature product failures.

In my mind, especially with a TV 10+ years old, that is the "know what it is". Add a few bumps and bangs - end of TV.

Solution