Question [Solved] 4080 Super FE won't display anything after hours of troubleshooting (Detailed steps included) - Please Help

Feb 6, 2024
Anyone have any suggestions or solutions to my issues getting any display from the 4089 super FE? I've tried just about everything I can think of or find online. Last thing I need to do is get access to another PC to test the card in a different system and see if it's just dead on arrival but lights and fans have been turning on. Steps I've tried:

Ran display driver uninstaller in safe mode

Installed 4080 super and booted with dark power 12vhpwr cord, fans spinning, no post, no bios or Windows displayed.

Switched to the manufacturer provided adapter power cord with 3 unique PCIE outputs from the PSU no post, no bios no windows. Tried two display port cords, and HDMI to two different monitors.

Installed 1080 ti again and it works, installed 1080 ti drivers, tried 4080 again no post/display.

Installed 4080 with the 1080 ti for display output to install 4080 drivers, 4080 showed up as a Microsoft basic display adapter, after driver install showed up in device manager as a 4080 super, rebooted no post from 4080 super or 1080 ti. Though the GPU lights finally came on, fans spinning, but no display of bios or Windows.

Went back to the 1080 ti ran display driver uninstaller in safe mode booted with 1080 ti back with 4080 super still connected no post.

Booted again with just 1080 ti posted and installed driver, reinstalled 4080 super alongside the 1080ti, displayed from 1080 ti and ran firmware update tool for 4080, screen black then back on in a second. Ran 4080 driver install then rebooted, got AA all clear code from Mobo still no post from 1080 ti or 4080 super. Tried booting with 4080 super on it's own with the provided power adapter and the 12vhpwr from dark power still no post with display port or HDMI on different monitors. Turned monitors on and off nothing. No Nvidia lights this time fans still on, no power error code from MOBO.

Booted back in with the 1080ti, ran display driver uninstaller in safe mode, rebooted, installed 1080 ti drivers, rebooted, installed 4080 and installed firmware, changed bios boot setting to legacy only on all boot types from uefi and legacy, booted just 4080 with 12vhpwr no post still AA all clear Mobo code no post. Tried HDMI and display port on different displays, powered displays off an on, no post.

rebooted with 1080ti on its own can get back into windows, try shutting down, installing 4080 along side it and using 1080 to for display, no post to bios or Windows with display port on the 1080 ti. Removed 4080 super, can sign back into windows with 1080ti

ran display driver uninstaller in safe mode with 1080ti. Rebooted, installed 1080ti drivers, rebooted to windows, shutdown, installed 4080 super alongside 1080ti, booted into windows using 1080 ti as display adapter, 4080 super shows up in device manager as 'microsoft basic display adapter', ran Nvidia firmware tool and installed 4080 super drivers from download on Nvidia site, 4080 super shows up as '4080 super' in device manager, uninstalled 1080ti drivers from device manager. shut down, Removed 1080 ti, booted with 4080 super on 12chpwr still no post, AA all clear Mobo code, tried display ports and HDMI port with two different monitors powering monitors on and off, still no post.

I've been using PCIE outputs 1+3 from the PSU as directed for the 12vgpwr, been using single cords from PCIE 1+2+3 for the 4080 super plus PCIE 4 for the 1080ti when using the Factory adapter. Also tried PCIE 1+3 with 12vhpwr plus a single 12 to 16 vga cord to the 1080ti from PCIE 4.

Nvidia firmware tool: https://www.nvidia.com/content/Driv...ter_1.2-x64.exe&firmware=1&lang=us&type=Other

Bios (latest release): Crosshair VI Hero Bios 8702 (9/06/2023) (tried with uefi+legacy and legacy only)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor
Cooler: H100i v2
Motherboard: Asus CROSSHAIR VI HERO ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000

Storage:
Seagate BarraCuda Pro 10 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Seagate IronWolf NAS 2 TB 3.5" 5900 RPM Internal Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GPU: NVIDIA Founders Edition GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER 16 GB Video Card
Case: Corsair Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1000w with 12vhpwr dark power cord or 4080 super default adapter

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 6, 2024
power off, unplug power
install the 4080 normally
reset the CMOS by jumper
power on, does it work?

can you boot with a windows media creation tool created USB thumb drive in UEFI mode?

install latest BIOS again using the flashback feature
OMG I followed your steps and resetting CMOS got me to bios through just the 4080 super plugged in for display. Should have tried that sooner I guess. Looks like CMOS reset didn't clear the bios either which I needed the most recent version for my CPU

Feb 6, 2024
OMG I followed your steps and resetting CMOS got me to bios through just the 4080 super plugged in for display. Should have tried that sooner I guess. Looks like CMOS reset didn't clear the bios either which I needed the most recent version for my CPU
Wow thank you so much I'm in windows drivers installed all seems to be working. After I got to bios I tried running the Asus bios auto tune for memory and CPU performance adjustments, it seemed to change memory frequency and then I reboot and no video, reset cmos again and didn't make any changes in BIOS and I get to windows and it's all working. Must be something the Asus ez auto tune is doing maybe with the memory frequency changes that caused me issue. Hope this helps someone else with the 4080 super and the Asus CROSSHAIR VI Hero

Reactions: helpstar
Feb 6, 2024
Wow thank you so much I'm in windows drivers installed all seems to be working. After I got to bios I tried running the Asus bios auto tune for memory and CPU performance adjustments, it seemed to change memory frequency and then I reboot and no video, reset cmos again and didn't make any changes in BIOS and I get to windows and it's all working. Must be something the Asus ez auto tune is doing maybe with the memory frequency changes that caused me issue. Hope this helps someone else with the 4080 super and the Asus CROSSHAIR VI Hero
Okay, I had the same problem with my 4080 Super FE and ROG B650, I don't understand. And I don't know whst to do now...reset CMOS and have display but I'm afraid to change anything for fear it crashes. Any ideas ?