[SOLVED] [Solved] bent pins. voltage wrong ?

david slayer

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
i recently bought an Asus tuf gaming z490 plus (wifi) board, and when i took off the safety cover there was a noticeable like open space with 2 pins bent in bottom left corner around sixth row. after research, i finally got enough courage to get a sowing needle and attempt to push them in same direction as the rest, i did a pretty good job it looked like.

i bought an i5 10600k cpu for it, i put it in gently, and it seemed to go in properly.. put paste & cooler on then, and the computer is working good it seems, EXCEPT when i check vcore voltage with cpuz, and hwinfo it's idling at 0.710, and with some activity like games, streams the maximum it jumps to is 1.270v.

decided to run different tests on prime95, the max it got to is 1.296, the temp sensors seem to be working right, some cores reached 72c.

so, i'm wondering if this is normal or maybe those bent pins affect voltage reading ? - is there something in bios i can/should change ?

(i'm upgrading from a 2012 sandybridge build, so i don't know what to expect).

david slayer

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
After rechecking some browser history about my cpu, it looks like 1.2v is what others have as well. So, thank you very much!:D

(i was very confused cause i'm so used to my i7 2600k running at 1.31v to get 4.6 ghz stable, and this thing does 4.8 at 1.27v..)

Last edited:
After rechecking some browser history about my cpu, it looks like 1.2v is what others have as well. So, thank you very much!:D

(i was very confused cause i'm so used to my i7 2600k running at 1.31v to get 4.6 ghz stable, and this thing does 4.8 at 1.27v..)
You're welcome. Different CPUs....MB.....BIOSes...all have some effect regarding the voltages.

Reactions: david slayer