[SOLVED] [SOLVED] Blue Screen crush and USB problem

Jan 8, 2019
I get often blue screen crush with "driver power state failure" and it's often my USB 3.0 harddrive does not show up when I plug in. The harddrive works fine when i plug it to my laptop or my tv all the time. I tried every driver on your site and I have the latest bios. All parts are couple of weeks old except the GPU and the memory which are about 1 y.o. We tried the CPU, memory and the GPU with my friend's PC for a few days and they work fine.

asrock fatal1ty b450 gaming-itx
Ryzen 7 2700X
8GB Kingston HyperX 2133 mhz
MSI GTX 1080
Samsung 950 EVO 500 GB
EVGA 750W 750GQ PSU
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

DMP file : http://dosya.co/hvvfgqb4zggm/MEMORY.rar.html

Solution
Try connecting your USB 3.0 hard drive via a USB hub having its own power source.

Line diagram:

PC [USB port] -----> Hub [USB port] -----> USB hard drive

And on your computer take a look at Reliability History/Manager. Some error codes or warnings that correspond with the crashes may appear and thus help identify a possible reason for the crashes.

Ralston18

Titan
Try connecting your USB 3.0 hard drive via a USB hub having its own power source.

Line diagram:

PC [USB port] -----> Hub [USB port] -----> USB hard drive

And on your computer take a look at Reliability History/Manager. Some error codes or warnings that correspond with the crashes may appear and thus help identify a possible reason for the crashes.

Solution
Jan 8, 2019

I still get blue screen crush while I don't have the USB disk plugged in.

Jan 8, 2019
Hi, my friend has a smilar PC so we tried every single parts one by one on his PC and every thing worked fine. Only thing left was the Thermaltake Level 20 VT Micro-ATX Case. I know it sounds silly but it was the case :) Actually the USB 3.0 front panel cable. We removed that cable from the PC and it all work like charm now. Never heard such thing would cause all these problems but it did. So for the future references, even the case connections may cause big promblems.