Question [SOLVED!] BRAND NEW computer randomly shuts down

May 5, 2020
Hello.

I am new here, and I am not sure where to post this.

I got a brand new, pre-built computer this evening, and I installed two games: Modern Warfare, and Rainbow Six: Siege.

I played them for a bit, but suddenly the computer started to randomly shut down, there was no warning or anything.

I tried to check the temperature of everything, and everything seemed normal.

Do you guys have any idea what might cause the issue?

Specs:

Intel i7 9700K 3.6 GHz.
MSI Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super 8GB
AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S
16GB RAM, 2x8GB Ram, and they are identical.
The Case is a MSI Gungnir 100d
WD Blue 3D Nand 500GB M.2 SSD
PSU Ritoro Enigma 850WG2

This sounds suspiciously like the PC lost power. I would just continue using it for a little while, and see if the issue happens again. If it doesnt, you can probably ignore it for now. If the problem happens again, I would contact any customer support your prebuilt might have, and if that fails, check any connections. Sometimes during shipping, parts can come loose, like RAM or PSU plugs. Just make sure all connections are tight, and reseat anything that seemed loose.

May 5, 2020
Okay, I started up a game today, and let it run, I then checked the temp on my CPU, and it was 112 degrees Celsius.

I think there's a fault in the CPU cooler.

May 5, 2020
Check the thermal paste as well. If you have laying around I guess you could reapply some as well.
I took it back to the store, and they checked the connection between the CPU and the CPU cooler, apparently when the PC was assembled, a little sticker that says "Remove this sticker, before installing cooler." hadn't been removed, which as you all know makes the cooler do nothing to cool the CPU.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm gonna mark this one as SOLVED.