Question SOLVED cannot access Dell laptop from Acer laptop on home network. Challenged for credentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WacoJohn

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
Both machine W10 Pro.
Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045
2 possibly related problems.
#1 trying to access Dell from Acer challenged for credentials.

IcSqvXb.png

#2 Redundancy. Page should show USERS only with PUBLIC and OWNER nested under USERS. Instead shows USERS and Public and Owner on one page. Open USERS and Public and Owner appear again. This screen shot shows USERS, Public, and Owner in one place and then again Public and Owner under USERS. Three at the top, redundant Owner and Public under Users.

8l0I3IB.png

Last edited:

WacoJohn

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
Have you followed the instructions here?

yes. these problems only exist between 2 of 3 machines. Instructions do not cover the problems I am having. such as rejection of credentials to the Dell computer.

Also, the redundancy appears only on the Acer-64 machine, I cannot connect to Del from either of the other two machines ... Acer64 or Acer2-64.

Last edited:

WacoJohn

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
there are so many problems. I am going to have to reinstall windows. Trust me. Don't know how it happened, but user profiles are corrupt, connecting to Dell won't accept credentials, networking screens don't look right (redundant folders). I don't think we will get it all fixed. Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.