[SOLVED] [Solved] Chrome open but not appearing on desktop

jdmac44

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2014
I've been having problems with Chrome not displaying on the desktop. Sometimes one window will be visible, but other instances of it do not, meaning that I can hover over the icon on the taskbar, the other window will appear, but I can't select it to become the main window. Usually it does this as it's breaking down, if I close it and reopen it, then it won't appear at all, other than in my taskbar. I've tried running in safe mode, it worked fine in safe mode and it seemed to work again after I switch back to full Windows 10, but eventually it broke down and did the same thing. I uninstalled a couple of more recent programs I had installed, particularly one that had influence over window positioning. Oh and of course I've uninstalled and reinstalled, same problems.

Solution
how many monitor do you have?
try the cascade windows option(right click on task bar)?

I have two monitors. Nice advice, doesn't seem to work in this case though.

I used the second tip, "Get Hidden Windows Back with a Keyboard Trick" with this page and it worked. Thanks for your help! It did get my gears turning to lead me to find this solution!

jdmac44

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2014

I have two monitors. Nice advice, doesn't seem to work in this case though.

I used the second tip, "Get Hidden Windows Back with a Keyboard Trick" with this page and it worked. Thanks for your help! It did get my gears turning to lead me to find this solution!

Solution