[SOLVED] [Solved]CSM problem, getting ready for Win11

Oct 12, 2021
Hello Pros and amazing Amatures,

I want to get my PC ready for WIN11,(actually i want to install win 11 and get ready to find most of its quirks and maybe good features we'll see)
but i have run into a little problem, i need to enable secure boot but for that i need to disable csm, but without csm my system wont boot.
As far as i know this is related to my error in installing Windows while i had 2 drives installed and now i am suffering from that.
or at least i think so...

For reference current infos that may be related to my issue of my current PC:
Gigabyte Aorus Master x570
Ryzen 7 5800x
2x NVME Drives
I would like to not reainstall windows but if there is no other option i will (if absolutly necessary) stagnate on Win10 for the rest of my hardwares life, and soooo.... my diskpart is not very fluent, i can barely say list disk, please help SOS or is it SOC in these parts of the internet?
FXAaZiu.png

Last edited:
Solution
Its not that straight forward. Reinstall is probably the safest route but if you really want to try it... Assuming you backup regularly because there may be no going back.
Run the win11 upgrade advisor and uninstall any incompatible software & resolve all other conflicts including ending bitlocker encyption.

1. power off , disconnect all drives except your boot drive.
  2. boot from your win10/11 install media & get to command prompt (troubleshoot > advanced >command),
  3. enter in: mbr2gpt /validate
  4. if it passes the enter in : mbr2gpt /convert
  5. When done, reboot to the bios and make your changes.

popatim

Titan
Its not that straight forward. Reinstall is probably the safest route but if you really want to try it... Assuming you backup regularly because there may be no going back.
Run the win11 upgrade advisor and uninstall any incompatible software & resolve all other conflicts including ending bitlocker encyption.

1. power off , disconnect all drives except your boot drive.
  2. boot from your win10/11 install media & get to command prompt (troubleshoot > advanced >command),
  3. enter in: mbr2gpt /validate
  4. if it passes the enter in : mbr2gpt /convert
  5. When done, reboot to the bios and make your changes.

Solution