Question [SOLVED]HP 15 Ec gaming laptop --- 8GB RAM installed but only 5.92GB RAM usable?

intex2515

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
I just buy hp 15 ec gaming laptop
Specs
R5 3550H
8gb ddr4 2400
Gtx 1650
1tb hdd

So when i play gta 5 it lags due to short memory, then check and see only 5.92GB of 8GB is usable, although i had this problem with my pc once but it resolved with msconfig tick method

But in this laptop it is still there. i tried many methods,like msconfig, regedit value1,create 16gb virtual ram for programs, i can't find any settings in HP bios

Although when i got this laptop AMD and Nvidia drivers are pre installed and it showing vega 8 as my graphics but i changed it from display adopter in Nvidia control panel.

And i think that vega 8 is causing 2.1gb hardware reserved memory issue.

Can u help me with this please because that way its very hard to play in reduced ram,it sucks a lot plz help.

Oct 7, 2020
Hello sir.I am also using hp ec gaming laptop with same specs like you.I am also having the same problem.Have you find any solution about this problem?If you find any plz help me out.

Hello sir.I am also using hp ec gaming laptop with same specs like you.I am also having the same problem.Have you find any solution about this problem?If you find any plz help me out.

Please start your own thread instead of "hijacking" one that somebody else has started. It can become very confusing trying to help two people on the same thread, and is not fair to the thread starter.

I just buy hp 15 ec gaming laptop
Specs
R5 3550H
8gb ddr4 2400
Gtx 1650
1tb hdd

So when i play gta 5 it lags due to short memory, then check and see only 5.92GB of 8GB is usable, although i had this problem with my pc once but it resolved with msconfig tick method

But in this laptop it is still there. i tried many methods,like msconfig, regedit value1,create 16gb virtual ram for programs, i can't find any settings in HP bios

Although when i got this laptop AMD and Nvidia drivers are pre installed and it showing vega 8 as my graphics but i changed it from display adopter in Nvidia control panel.

And i think that vega 8 is causing 2.1gb hardware reserved memory issue.

Can u help me with this please because that way its very hard to play in reduced ram,it sucks a lot plz help.

Your title now says [SOLVED]. Would you please say how you solved it as it might help others with similar problem.
Thank you.