[SOLVED] [solved]i installed samsung 4gb x 4 ddr3 memory but only 8gb can useable

Sep 22, 2019
hi i got
i5-3550
p8h77-v
samsung 4gb x 4
Radeon R9 290 4gb

pc but bios only can read 8gb of ram

-i did

bios update
cmos clear ( few times)
ram cross test , Individual testing (ram sticks are fine i checked on other pc)
memtest86+

but it dosen't worked anything

and cpu-z and asus SPD infomation is reading all 4gb x 4 gb ram
how can i do?

-bios and win10 x64 read 8gb ram
-cpu-z and asus SPD info can read all mem sticks
7SvOhvG.png
pp
aEGHIJ1.png
Ak7EyZq.png
zi6UIDv.png
7tHgK3O.png

Last edited:

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
Click on start.
In the search bar type : MSCONFIG
Hit enter

Now navigate the following path: Click boot tab> advanced option tab, here check if the max memory option is enabled. If it is uncheck it and then hit OK button then re boot system and see if it changes anything.

Sep 22, 2019
Click on start.
In the search bar type : MSCONFIG
Hit enter

Now navigate the following path: Click boot tab> advanced option tab, here check if the max memory option is enabled. If it is uncheck it and then hit OK button then re boot system and see if it changes anything.

I already did but nothing has beenn changed

Take one module out at a time and replace it, so that each time you boot and enter bios it's 12GB installed. Do this until the bios shows only 4GB Total memory on the Main bios page. If that doesn't actually change anything, you should take all the module out and test each memory slot individually to see if the system boots. If you find a slot that doesn't work, change the module to a different one and try that slot again.

Sep 22, 2019
Take one module out at a time and replace it, so that each time you boot and enter bios it's 12GB installed. Do this until the bios shows only 4GB Total memory on the Main bios page. If that doesn't actually change anything, you should take all the module out and test each memory slot individually to see if the system boots. If you find a slot that doesn't work, change the module to a different one and try that slot again.

I did cross test and i tested all each ram by ram but all slots are work and all ram sticks are worked