[SOLVED] [Solved]Laptop loads in but display turns black.

AugustusF

Prominent
Aug 31, 2020
My PC:-
HP Envy 15 Notebook
Intel core i7-5500U and NVIDIA 840M

I recently downloaded drivers from official hp website. I downloaded and installed the intel driver and then tried to install NVIDIA driver too but it froze while installing. So I force shutdown and restarted but the screen was black. The pc loads and shows the HP logo with a loading icon but then it turns black with blinking cursor. Can you help?

Solution
Update:- Now all I did was I went into the Safe mode, uninstalled Intel driver, restarted and it worked. But when I reinstalled intel graphics driver again, the same problem came up. Now, the intel driver's replaced with Microsoft Basic Adapter. When I try to install the intel driver, my PC crashes with a blue screen displaying video dxgkrnl fatal error
Mar 20, 2020
ncube.com
Sorry to hear about it. You just need to follow this simple steps. Press and hold the power button on your device for 10 seconds to turn it off, then unplug your adapter. After 30 seconds, plug your adapter back in and restart your device. If you're still seeing a black or blank screen, try the steps in Action 2 to check the connection between your device and the monitor or screen. I hope that help!

Reactions: AugustusF

AugustusF

Prominent
Aug 31, 2020
Update:- Now all I did was I went into the Safe mode, uninstalled Intel driver, restarted and it worked. But when I reinstalled intel graphics driver again, the same problem came up. Now, the intel driver's replaced with Microsoft Basic Adapter. When I try to install the intel driver, my PC crashes with a blue screen displaying video dxgkrnl fatal error

Reactions: kylejarvis
Solution
Mar 20, 2020
ncube.com

That's nice. Great to hear about it. Thank you so much!

May be a RAM issue, the intel chip uses shared RAM with the system and faulty RAM can cause it to crash. Another option to try is a full clean Windows setup or try rolling back the system to a restore point before the issue happened.

Reactions: AugustusF

AugustusF

Prominent
Aug 31, 2020
[update]Rolling back to the restore point worked! Sorry, I've not seen this thread in a while.
To whomever this issue occurs, get into safe mode, uninstall INTEL drivers, go into BIOS settings of your PC and manually rollback to a previous restore point where your issue wasn't happening. This should help! :)