(SOLVED)New-built PC lagging and not running smoothly, Issue with old monitor or PC itself?

Jul 4, 2018
Hi, im having some trouble getting my new-built PC to work smoothly. The parts should be good enough to run well, but im experiencing lagging, windows wont run smoothly (animations are a bit choppy) and games run at incredibly low fps.

My PC parts are:
CPU - Intel core i5 8400 Coffee Lake
GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 1060 3GB Armor OC
Motherboard - Asus Prime H310-Plus
RAM - 16 GB 2400MHz DDR4 HyperX Fury
SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 250GB
PSU - EVGA GQ 80 Plus Gold 650W

I have a suspicion the problem may be from monitors ive been trying on (ive tried several), which are 8+ years old. Will get a new one but not 100% sure the problem is with the monitors.

Could it be the monitors or could it be another problem with my build?

EDIT: The monitor i got is HP Compaq Q2159. And i have fresh Windows install.

Thanks in advance.

SOLVED: Connecting the monitor to the GPU fixed the issue. I also got a new monitor now.

Solution

That's certainly the issue. Just use the other HDMI-Out port connected directly to your GPU. It's probably just the one that's not grouped with the rest of them.
Jul 4, 2018

Thanks for the quick reply. I think the problem might actually be my monitor is connected to my CPU and not my GPU, what way would you recommend to connect it? And do you think that may be the issue?

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018

That's certainly the issue. Just use the other HDMI-Out port connected directly to your GPU. It's probably just the one that's not grouped with the rest of them.

Solution
Jul 4, 2018

Yea, that did fix the issue! I found that out before seeing your reply, but thank you anyway!