[SOLVED] [Solved] New pc build. Says no signal detected. All fans run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

J1983

Prominent
Oct 24, 2020
Hey,

Hope someone can help with a new build issue.

Intel i5-11600k.

Gigabyte b560m ds3h.

Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb (2x8gb) 3200 mhz DDR4 DRAM c16 memory.

Thermaltake ux100 cpu cooler.

Western digital blue 500gb ssd.

Corsair CX series 650 watt psu.

Radeon r9 270x 4gb gpu

Musetex case.

I recently built a new pc with the listed parts. This makes my 5th or 6th pc build over the years and the only other issue I ever experienced on a new build was a dead psu I was reusing.

When I turn the pc on, all of the case fans light and start spinning and the cpu fan does also. My monitor just says no signal. Everything I have tried so far includes trying the ram in all different configurations as far as slots go. I also tried one stick at a time in each of the slots. I did this with both but ended up with the same issue. I made sure to fully seat them until they click in place. I also made sure the monitor and hdmi cable was working with someone else's pc. I also removed the battery for around 15 minutes but it didn't solve the issue. I checked to make sure the cpu connector was also securely plugged in. And I believe the only other thing I thought of to try was using the integrated hdmi port, but still same issue even without the standalone gpu. I tried plugging a phone into the front and back usb ports and they all have power as well as all fans like I mentioned earlier.

The one weird thing I have never experienced until this build is it has no beep or lights of any kind on the motherboard itself when I turn it on. But then again, I'm not sure if it should have those anyway on this motherboard. My last thought is, would any of the front connectors cause this? They are so hard to see how to plug in, that's my last thought of anything I could have possibly missed and not plugged in. But like I saId, usb ports and power switch works.

I would definitely appreciate any suggestions for anything I could try because I am lost on this one.

Thanks again

Update: just had to enable csm in the bios and it fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Solution
When you tried booting to the integrated graphics did you remove the GPU or leave it plugged in the motherboard? Did you go into the BIOS and select onboard graphics as the "Initial Display Output"? PCIe 1 Slot is the default. The onboard graphics can also be enabled or disabled in the BIOS.

- Initial Display Output -
Specifies the first initiation of the monitor display from the installed PCI Express graphics card or the onboard graphics.
  • IGFX Sets the onboard graphics as the first display. (This item is configurable only when CSM Support is set to Enabled)
  • PCIe 1 Slot Sets the graphics card on the PCIEX16 slot as the first display. (Default)

- Internal Graphics -
Enables or disables the onboard graphics...
When you tried booting to the integrated graphics did you remove the GPU or leave it plugged in the motherboard? Did you go into the BIOS and select onboard graphics as the "Initial Display Output"? PCIe 1 Slot is the default. The onboard graphics can also be enabled or disabled in the BIOS.

Specifies the first initiation of the monitor display from the installed PCI Express graphics card or the onboard graphics.
  • IGFX Sets the onboard graphics as the first display. (This item is configurable only when CSM Support is set to Enabled)
  • PCIe 1 Slot Sets the graphics card on the PCIEX16 slot as the first display. (Default)

- Internal Graphics -
Enables or disables the onboard graphics function. (Default: Auto)

Reactions: J1983
Solution

J1983

Prominent
Oct 24, 2020

- Internal Graphics -
Hey, appreciate the reply. I tried both with and without gpu installed. Can't go into bios because it just keeps saying no signal detected. I ordered one of those diagnostic speakers to see if that can tell me anything.

Thanks again

J1983

Prominent
Oct 24, 2020

- Internal Graphics -
Thanks again for the help. Csm being disabled was the issue. Finally I was able to get into the BIOS after removing the cmos battery again and was able to enable csm.

J1983

Prominent
Oct 24, 2020
Hey,

No, the thing I had to do was in the bios itself. It is listed as "CSM Support". Just had to turn it from disabled to enabled, then make sure to save it and exit.

Hopefully you find it. On mine, it's on the page with the boot options. This is all assuming that you have a gpu installed and can take it out and try to get into the bios with only the onboard graphics. Before I installed my gpu, I booted up my system and it worked fine. It was only when I turned the system off and went back in and installed the gpu that the problem showed up. I had to remove the gpu and also had to remove the CMOS battery a few different times before it finally reset and worked and allowed me to get into the bios using the onboard graphics, then I enabled that CSM option, reinstalled the gpu and everything works perfectly now. Let me know if this doesn't work. There is several other things it could possibly be. Hopefully this does the trick though man. 👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.