[SOLVED]No display when default grpahics is PCI-E, new graphics card.

PeregrineX

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
Hello, I am trying to use my new Radeon HD 6850, but I am not getting any display when I set the default Graphics to PCI-Express. I am sure that I am plugging my monitor into the graphics card, although I had to get a DVI-VGA adapter because my monitor is VGA, but the graphics card is DVI. The desktop curently has a Leonite2 (P5LP-LE) motherboard, with 2 GB of RAM, and an Intel Core 2 Duo proccessor at 2.00 GHz. What is the problem? I will check my PSU right now.

PeregrineX

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

Yes, it is. I saw on another thread that there was a power slot near the CPU that gives more power to the PCI-E. Is this so on the P5LP-LE?

is t he power supply not plug into that port, if not, plug the 4 pin cpu connector to that port

alternativelty, plug the display back into motherboard, and go into bios to switch the primary graphics to Pci-e instead of onboard, shut donw computer then reseat gpu.

PeregrineX

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

That might be the problem. I see the 4-pin connector, but I don't see the slot. Can you shed some light on where it is?

cmstormscouts

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

Cpu connector 4 or 8 pin
look on your motherboard where the processor at should see it

video card wont come on if your still using the stock hp power supply. there 200-300w units and wont have the amp rating for a large card. your going ot have to look at the lower end 7000 cards and 600 cards for one to work with stock ps or you have to replace it.

PeregrineX

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

We did buy a new power supply, because the stock one blew out during a power outage. Let me check the Voltage.