SOLVED - Odd 15 sec. delay in loading graphics and notifications on Tom's Forum

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I've had this problem since I re-installed Win7x64 on this PC a few days ago. My internet access is fast on every other site but this one, and then only on the forum. The issue is in the title. Pages load normally. But there is this long delay before the graphics arrive. And when they do, it's all at once. The problem occurs on both FF and IE. But here's the weirdest part...

It doesn't occur at all on my other 2 machines. Just the one in my sig below. The others work normally on the forum. I have uninstalled/re-installed my Ethernet driver downloaded from the board's website. I did a clean up with CCleaner just in case I had some software conflicts. Nothing seems to work. I'm beginning to wonder if it is my network adapter. I am connected via Ethernet to the same router the other 2 machines are. 2 by Ethernet, 1 wireless.

But this only started happening after the last clean install of Win7. Anyone have any ideas why it it happening? Thanks.

Oh, btw... this is the server I seem to be waiting for during the 15 min. wait:
pW4PyWL.png

Solution
Problem Solved!
I had to resort to using Ad Block Plus here to get rid of the - now grown to 25 second - delay mentioned above. Apparently the above server is an ad server that was having trouble. This post may be closed.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Problem Solved!
I had to resort to using Ad Block Plus here to get rid of the - now grown to 25 second - delay mentioned above. Apparently the above server is an ad server that was having trouble. This post may be closed.

Solution