[SOLVED] [solved] PC Audio and video stuttering issues

Feb 21, 2019
This issue started around a month or two ago but wasnt as bad as it is now. It started with the audio going out of sync on netflix, which wasnt that big of an issue for me just a simple refresh would fix it. Now the computer is beginning to stutter, both audio and video. When moving my cursor around it stutters and jumps forward, there are audio glitches/stutters that happen every 5 seconds during some loud audio and rarely with lower sounds. Making watching anything unbearable. I've tried factory resetting my computer because i was planning on doing that eventually anyway, but every time i do it fails and undoes its progress which i get no error code for. I tried to update to windows 1809 but it also fails and i get the 0x80071160 error code. I've updated all of my drivers and uninstalled a tonne of software that wasnt being used, freeing up hundreds of gb of space.

Here are my specs:
i5 8600k
Gtx 1060 3gb
12gb crucial ram 1 4gb stick 1 8gb stick
256gb sandisk SSD
1tb Hard Drive
650w Be Quit! psu

Solution
Ok, i found out it was the drivers of the wireless pci adapter i was using that were corrupted, but there were no drivers i could re install for it so i had to just remove it and buy an ethernet cable. Which has fixed the issue, thank you all for helping!

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
I would suggest you to download the media creation tool from microsoft and create a win10 USB and do a fresh install of win10.
I know this probs caused sometimes with badly win versions.
Otherwise you can check with Sandisk SSD Dashboard if you have a firmware up for that SSD.
Had similiar phenomena with Kingston SSD's.

D

Deleted member 14196

You will most likely need to perform a clean windows installation. Tom’s guides as a guide for that and I suggest following those instructions.

I had this problem along time ago and that is the only thing that solved it especially since your reset is failing you will need to do a clean new install of windows so back everything up because you’re going to Wind up deleting all the partitions on the windows drive during the install. Do not have any other hard drives connected or power dad when you do the install either Just drive you want to install windows

Get an 8 GB USB drive and use the Windows media creation tool to get the latest copy of windows then you will boot to your USB windows drive and install windows to the PC

Feb 21, 2019
I
You will most likely need to perform a clean windows installation. Tom’s guides as a guide for that and I suggest following those instructions.

I had this problem along time ago and that is the only thing that solved it especially since your reset is failing you will need to do a clean new install of windows so back everything up because you’re going to Wind up deleting all the partitions on the windows drive during the install. Do not have any other hard drives connected or power dad when you do the install either Just drive you want to install windows

Get an 8 GB USB drive and use the Windows media creation tool to get the latest copy of windows then you will boot to your USB windows drive and install windows to the PC
did a clean install and that didn’t change anything. Any other ideas?

Feb 21, 2019
It sounds like a DPC latency issue. Download latency monitor and run it, and then post a screenshot of what it reports after you start experiencing the issues.
I cant figure out how to insert the photo, But there are two spikes into the red, 1 into the 2000Us and 1 into the 4000Us and it says "Some device drivers on this machine behave bad and will probably cause drop outs in real time audio and/or video streams. to isolate the misbehaving driver use device manager and disable/re-enable various devices, one at a time. try network and W-Lan adaptors, modems, internal sound devices, usb host controllers ect."

the spikes only lasted for a little bit but i only did a small test, i will do a full test tonight when i get home from work and see how frequent the spikes are, thanks for the possible solution to my problem.

D

Deleted member 14196

Lol. You use driver booster and they put the wrong driver sets on your computer don’t ever use that garbage. You get your drivers from the manufacturers website. So that’s your problem you use driver booster and it screwed you over like it always does.

I recommend a clean windows install and never use any driver utility. windows 10 will put the proper drivers on. You can install your video drivers from the appropriate manufacturers website.

So again your problem is you use the driver utility which always messes up your computer they are useless garbage.

Feb 21, 2019
Lol. You use driver booster and they put the wrong driver sets on your computer don’t ever use that garbage. You get your drivers from the manufacturers website. So that’s your problem you use driver booster and it screwed you over like it always does.

I recommend a clean windows install and never use any driver utility. windows 10 will put the proper drivers on. You can install your video drivers from the appropriate manufacturers website.

So again your problem is you use the driver utility which always messes up your computer they are useless garbage.
Alright, I did a clean install of Windows off a USB drive. Yet the problem is still there. If you go through this thread you’ll see I’ve stated this already, it was probably not helping things but it definitely wasn’t the main reason for the stuttering

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
Did you do Windows updates?
Do all windows updates and when you get the update error again, download the official microsoft update repair tool and try again.
When this one doesn't work check this one out.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/every-half-an-hour-when-i-use-my-comp-the-system-jams-for-a-second-doing-a-cyber-buzz-in-the-speakers-not-the-blue-screen-buzz.3450666/

Edit:

Has your RAM same clocks ?
since your using one 4gb and one of 8gb.
on which slots are they placed on your mobo?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

OK good now you probably need to find the correct graphics driver. So find one of their previous releases and try those working backwards until you find the one that works. You don’t necessarily always want the latest drivers because sometimes the new drivers are buggy

Use DDU to uninstall graphics drivers before reinstall of new ones

Also as mentioned above since you’re mixing RAM you could be having some problems there. Ram is only guaranteed to work and matched sets. When you provide individual single sticks it doesn’t always work

zedtocricket

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
I cant figure out how to insert the photo, But there are two spikes into the red, 1 into the 2000Us and 1 into the 4000Us and it says "Some device drivers on this machine behave bad and will probably cause drop outs in real time audio and/or video streams. to isolate the misbehaving driver use device manager and disable/re-enable various devices, one at a time. try network and W-Lan adaptors, modems, internal sound devices, usb host controllers ect."

the spikes only lasted for a little bit but i only did a small test, i will do a full test tonight when i get home from work and see how frequent the spikes are, thanks for the possible solution to my problem.

Post the screenshot to imgur and send the link. System restore to before you installed any driver from driverbooster - one of the hard drive drivers from driverbooster caused me issues in the past.

Feb 21, 2019
OK good now you probably need to find the correct graphics driver. So find one of their previous releases and try those working backwards until you find the one that works. You don’t necessarily always want the latest drivers because sometimes the new drivers are buggy

Use DDU to uninstall graphics drivers before reinstall of new ones

Also as mentioned above since you’re mixing RAM you could be having some problems there. Ram is only guaranteed to work and matched sets. When you provide individual single sticks it doesn’t always work
I’m using an 8gb vengeance stick and a 4 gb value select stick. I have a 16gb tridentz set coming monday. They’re plugged into slots 1 and 3

Feb 21, 2019

zedtocricket

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
Feb 21, 2019
Ok, i found out it was the drivers of the wireless pci adapter i was using that were corrupted, but there were no drivers i could re install for it so i had to just remove it and buy an ethernet cable. Which has fixed the issue, thank you all for helping!

Solution

zedtocricket

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013

Makes sense, since Latency monitor reported a network driver as being the source of the issues :)