[Solved] Problem with HDMI

vlada572

Reputable
Mar 16, 2018
When i connect my PC to the monitor using VGA cable monitor works. But when i connect it with HDMI cable it gives no signal. I decided to go to the store and get a another cable (it's the same as the old one) but it didn't help. I also tried to reinstall graphics card drivers but still no effect.
There is some text on the cable, it says: HIGH SPEED HDTV CABLE 20276 STYLE 80°C 30V My graphics card is ASUS GTX950 and monitor is LG 23MP68VQ-P ( can set refresh rate to 75Hz when it's connected via HDMI) Maybe that "TV" on cable means i can't use it for PC?

I'm new to this forum and forums in general so don't get mad if i did something wrong, i'm quite desperate.

The HDMI cable shouldn't make a difference. Did you check the menu on the monitor, and select the HDMI input? I'm just thinking that maybe the monitor is not set for auto-detect. Also, when you said that you hooked it up by VGA, did you use the VGA port on the motherboard or on the graphics card?

vlada572

Reputable
Mar 16, 2018
I tried switching between VGA and HDMI but only VGA works. Nvidia control panel detects only VGA connector. There is no VGA port on the graphics card so i'm using DVI/VGA adapter.