Question [solved]Problem with mobile hotspot on Windows 10 ?

Desmond123

Prominent
Aug 7, 2021
I have a ethernet cable connected to my computer and a TPlink usb adapter as a mobile hotspot. All these while it was running perfectly fine. But now I'm encountering problems when I turn on the mobile hotspot it gives errors such as "The connection was reset" and "A network change was detected". I tried googling but it wasnt helpful at all. Anyone knows what is wrong? might be faulty adapter?

Only when I turn on the mobile hotspot my internet goes crazy, the moment I turn it off it goes back to normal perfectly fine.

Yeah, not all adapters are guaranteed to work with the host spot on windows, I've only used it once but found that it was just better to use a switch and connect it to your PC and to another wireless router and use it that way, or some sort of repeater and a USB ethernet and use your PC as a switch and share it threw the USB eithernet port.

I can't help you much unfortunately as I don't use this myself, its such a hit or miss, I use a 10 port TP-Link smart switch that is connected to my PC and to my server, I got another wire ran out of it for when I do want to work on a PC or laptop at my desk, I got a TP-Link wifi 6 range extender that I connect to that same 10 port switch, its acting as a wireless access point, my switch is connected to my router for internet.

That way I can use wifi here in my room on some devices that can't quite get a good signal all they way to where I have the router plus its on the same network so I can still use my server to access files, a little more complicated but it works and its reliable and yes I like TP-Link myself, much better than Netgear and the disappointment Nighthawk and Asus stuff in my opinion.

Reactions: Desmond123

Desmond123

Prominent
Aug 7, 2021
Yeah, not all adapters are guaranteed to work with the host spot on windows, I've only used it once but found that it was just better to use a switch and connect it to your PC and to another wireless router and use it that way, or some sort of repeater and a USB ethernet and use your PC as a switch and share it threw the USB eithernet port.

I can't help you much unfortunately as I don't use this myself, its such a hit or miss, I use a 10 port TP-Link smart switch that is connected to my PC and to my server, I got another wire ran out of it for when I do want to work on a PC or laptop at my desk, I got a TP-Link wifi 6 range extender that I connect to that same 10 port switch, its acting as a wireless access point, my switch is connected to my router for internet.

That way I can use wifi here in my room on some devices that can't quite get a good signal all they way to where I have the router plus its on the same network so I can still use my server to access files, a little more complicated but it works and its reliable and yes I like TP-Link myself, much better than Netgear and the disappointment Nighthawk and Asus stuff in my opinion.
Alright thanks for sharing your method will definitely try to do something like yours. My router is just way too far from my room.

Desmond123

Prominent
Aug 7, 2021
You can double up on a router if need be, not ideal, but it should work, I'd disable the fire wall and stuff on the 2nd router just so its not interfering, although most routers today are smart enough to know.
Alright, might consider a router so other family members would be able to connect to it. And I figured out what happened... windows recent update is the problem. Just saw it on the news.

Latest posts