[Solved] Razer Naga - Cursor won't move on boot-up or sleep

Kajolic

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
I have a Razer Naga mouse as well as a Logitech wireless mouse. Recently my Razer Naga hasn't been moving when I boot-up, awake from sleep, or within the BIOS. I can move my wirless mouse and the Razer Naga will work just fine like normal. At times if I righ-click the Razer Naga when it is not responding, it will bring up the windows menu on the desktop and will sometimes allow to mouse to start moving again, but that is hit or miss.

I have installed updated driver, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. I have also uninstalled the device via Device Manager and still have the issue.
Also, I have updated the firmware of the mouse. Issue remained.

I have also tried multiple USB ports, both 2.0 and 3.0. I thought it may have been the USB drivers, but after tring out 2 other USB mice without any issues I have it down to the Razer Naga itself is the issue, or a driver for the mouse.

I am in the process of contact Razer via e-mail, but I expect a blanket response, so I figured I would post and see if anyone would be able to shed of light on the issue, or suggest something I haven't tried.

[My Solution]
It was the reinstallation of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended, and the repair of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (not in e-mail below) that did the trick.

E-mail:
Hello Dxxxx,

Please make sure any previous Razer Naga drivers have been uninstalled.
Please try completely uninstalling Synapse 2.0 from your machine and reboot.

After uninstalling Synapse 2.0, please do the following in this order:
1) Run the Microsoft Updates from the windows control panel / this may take awhile depending on the system.
2) When finished reboot the system.
3) Please remove .Net Framework 4 from your control panel
4) Please reboot the system again.
5) Then install the Net Framework from the link below:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=17851
6) When finished reboot the system.
7) Then install the Synapse from the website for your specific device.
8) Once finished run the firmware update.

Your customer number is 400xxxxxx
Please refer to case #:: 402xxxxxx if you have any further questions.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at http://www.razersupport.com. Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,
Jacob T. at Razer Technical Support
support-us@razersupport.com