[SOLVED] The RPC Server is Unavailable

JohnnyP159

Reputable
May 7, 2017
(tl;dr: When I turn my pc it reaches the "Welcome" loading screen and right after that it gives me the error "The RPC server is unavailable". Tried logging in different ways including safe mode with command prompt and it still gives me that error, computer restarts after a certain amount of time. I have no access to the desktop. Does anyone have a fix?)

Hello,
So lately I've been using my computer quite a bit but suddenly today when I tried turning on my computer it would get to the signing in screen, then the "Welcome" loading screen (I don't have a password so it logs in automatically) and right after instead of opening the desktop it gives me an error saying "The RPC server is unavailable". When I press the okay button it just brings me back to select one of the accounts I have (I only have one) and when I enter again it gives me the error again. After a bit of time, whether I do something or nothing, the computer just restarts. I tried opening the computer in safe mode with command prompt but it still gave me the same exact error. I tried looking for a solution on the internet but haven't yet found anyone who successfully fixed that same exact problem (I've seen other people the might have fixed their problem who have the RPC error but it's not an error that appears for them in the login). I was hoping to find an answer here from my last experience which people were very helpful and helped me fix my problem. So, does anyone know how to fix this? It's really important to me because I need to learn coding and I need my computer for it.

iYeVZ8H.jpg

Solution
Well I haven't found exactly the cause for it and neither the solution, but luckily I successfully recovered my computer without having to re-format the whole computer and delete everything. So for anyone having this same problem, here was my solution:

When your computer boots up (I have Windows 7, I don't know if it will work with other OSs), hold F8 until you are given a list of options, then use your arrow keys to highlight the option "Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)" and select it (Press Enter). It should restart your computer and bring you back to the last time your computer successfully booted (when you didn't have this problem yet). Some programs you downloaded between the time it will bring you back until you got the...

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
Start the computer using Windows DVD to boot to Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) and select command prompt.

Type:
net start RpcSs
hit enter.

Type exit to close the command prompt. restart.
make sure that when youre back in windows, you goto run
msconfig
ensure you have load all as the selected boot load on first box screen.

taken from RicBax

JohnnyP159

Reputable
May 7, 2017
I also tried entering "msconfig" in command prompt run through the windows recovery mode and it didn't do anything. It said it doesn't exist or something like that. Later I tried recovering my computer by going back to a restore point that was made a day before the error started (which removed all programs downloaded and updates in that day that may be causing such problem) so i also doubt it's caused from one of the things I downloaded/malware unless it's caused by a malware that can't be removed unless I re-format the computer but I doubt it. Anyone has a clue on what else I can try to do?

JohnnyP159

Reputable
May 7, 2017
Well I haven't found exactly the cause for it and neither the solution, but luckily I successfully recovered my computer without having to re-format the whole computer and delete everything. So for anyone having this same problem, here was my solution:

When your computer boots up (I have Windows 7, I don't know if it will work with other OSs), hold F8 until you are given a list of options, then use your arrow keys to highlight the option "Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)" and select it (Press Enter). It should restart your computer and bring you back to the last time your computer successfully booted (when you didn't have this problem yet). Some programs you downloaded between the time it will bring you back until you got the error may be deleted, but not likely. Luckily it kept all my files and documents! I hope this works out for any of you who are looking for a solution and hope I helped! ^_^

YUFwJLH.jpg

I don't know how to select my answer as a solution so I'll just write it in the Topic Name :)

Solution