[SOLVED] [Solved] Which one is bottlenecking me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticWolf64

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
Okay so I noticed that everytime I launch my PC it uses up all 16gbs of my ram ASAP. But then I see that CPU is always at high temperatures (around 90 C.) in the main desktop and little to no apps running. I have a rtx 2060 with Ryzen 5 2600. The ram I am currently using is a 4x4 G.Skill ripjaws 2400 MHz. I want to know which one is bottlenecking my computer. It can barely run games at 60 fps on the lowest settings (Rust and COD: Warzone) I know my computer can run it at higher speeds with more frames but it seems it can’t do that. I turned on my CPU response time on COD: Warzone and it could reach up to 500 ms which is really slow. One thing I noticed with my GPU is that it has never hit above 60 Celsius while running a game. I really don’t know which one is bottle necking my computer. I’m not that great with PC’s but I took the time to build my own. Maybe I messed up the building process at one point or are they both bottle necking me? Oh and motherboard is Gigabyte Ab350 gaming 3. Please help and thank you!

Can you see what processes is using the most RAM and cpu intensive? From what you describe it may look like your computer are infected by some cryptomining malware (i.e. some else are earning money on your computer and power bill).

ChaoticWolf64

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
Your pc should not be using 16Gb RAM with no apps running. Can you see in task manager what is using the majority of the RAM?
I started using this app called Intelligent standby list cleaner ISCL so I would have more free ram, so I’m not sure (problem was way before I started using this app)

I started using this app called Intelligent standby list cleaner ISCL so I would have more free ram, so I’m not sure (problem was way before I started using this app)
Get rid of that. It's basically like those "RAM Cleaner" tools from the 90s. It at best does nothing, but most of the time it will degrade performance.

What it's doing is its flushing the data kept in RAM that was marked as "not in use, but if someone can use the data, go ahead." This could be things like shared libraries that apps use. So if the tool cleans out the library from RAM because it was on Standby, then the app has to load it again instead of just reactivating it in RAM.

Reactions: ChaoticWolf64

ChaoticWolf64

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
Well I restarted my PC and had it running for a couple of minutes now and the ram usage is ~30% don’t know if that’s normal but the app that uses the most amount of memory on task manager is RTX Voice and discord

ChaoticWolf64

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
The RAM is likely an easy culprit as Ryzen processors really love DDR4-3200. Then the CPU may need to be pushed a little.
I’ll try getting new ram in a week or two, in ~30 minutes I only have less than 5gb left of free ram with only discord and opera gx running.

Status
Not open for further replies.