Solving The Carbon Dioxide Problem For $0.65 Per Gallon Of Gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Or maybe we can just stop emitting so much CO2?

Jee man, A large majority of humans are not that intelligent. Always finding shortcuts, instead of fixing the real problem, may it be weight, or even CO2 emissions. "Umm, instead of cutting back, lets just grow billions of trees, yea, yea thats it!"

Can't wait till something insane happens to this planet that teaches us a lesson.

nvalhalla

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Ah, that's what we need! More expensive gas to solve the non-existent CO2 problem...

Is this scientist trying to absorb all the CO2 released, or just what's released by humans?

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
I think they meant the excess CO2 produced by burning fossil fuels extracted from under the ground, which would not exist without humans.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
"the non-existent CO2 problem"? You need help buddy. I think this is a good idea. I'm all for initiatives that involve increasing gas prices, its a double edged sword that will also get people to drive more efficient vehicles. Seriously, people that complain about gas prices are the people with horribly inefficient cars / trucks. I drive a 20 year old honda civic and only spend about $20-30 a week on gas (and its more expensive here than in the US).

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Actually its more expensive in Canada, we pay 1.35 - 1.50 a Litre, thats around 5 bucks a Gallon...

I think we have more of a right to complain, lol.

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
Of course the reason this story even exists is because of global warming.. But I'm not buying this whole global warming crap.. This planet goes thru normal warming and cooling cycles. The last ice age ended about 10,000 years ago. It could be said that we might still coming off the last ice age and the planet is still warming. But dont worry, another ice age will be on its way in another 40,000 - 50,000 years from now..........

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Wow aren't you confident with your information.

so, the warming of the earth was more linear for the past 10,000 years, and then in the past 100 years the earth warmed about 6x faster then in the past 10,000 years? Fact is, there are billions of cars, billions of people, millions of factories, tractors, Trees are being destroyed. So, we're emitting thousands of times more CO2 and destroying what is supposed to clean it. MAkes sense to me that the earth would heat up a bit.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
The whole anti-global warming crowd just doesn't want to suck it up and make sacrifices in their lives. Or maybe they just like to be different (they're probably AMD fans).

G

Well I think the idea is 1/2 right. Planting and harvesting that many trees is on heck of a task. How about something a much more simple and do-able. If we buried all the plant waste for a few years.
Grass clippings all summer. Leaves in the fall. We do this somewhat already by composting and land filing but that is not %100 sequestered.
I am talking filling and sealing some deep mines like the salt mines under Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.