Question Some advice needed concerning my Gigabyte 2070 Super ?

Sep 4, 2023
I have a gigabyte 2070 super, 32gb ram , MSI b450 tomahawk Max , Ryzen 3800X, Corsair 650W 80+ gold

Up until now I have been doing all my gaming at 4k 60hz, but have just recently upgraded my monitor to 27inch, 1440P, 165hz.

I have Vsynch turned off in the control panel and in the game settings. I play MW2 Warzone and BG3 (not at the highest settings).

What I have noticed is that frame rate is really variable and is jumping around alot. For BG3 it sits around 75hz. For Warzone its around 120-140hz but all over the place.

When I went to the Gigabyte website and downloaded the latest driver (30.0.14.9613) Oct 2021 for my specific model, it appears that for all games it pushed the FPS to 165hz and it stayed there constantly. (I am going by the monitor output of this number). So this seems to be positive.

However, the issue with this, is that all the games are throwing up warnings that the gpu drivers is out of date and that it will impact the game experience.

Any advice on what to do next?

Sep 4, 2023
try the latest nvidia.com driver, should work as well, if not, try DDU uninstaller with the newest driver again
I just followed the DDU uninstaller steps and then re-installed the latest driver through the windows update.
This appears to have fixed it and its now 165hz permanently in game.
However the game is warning me on start up that I am not on the latest version of the nvidia update. Should I leave it as is based on the windows update or do I attempt to get the latest version from a website?

Sep 4, 2023
I just uninstalled the "windows update" version of the driver using DDU and then clean installed the latest from nvidia.com. Its now back to the "variable" frame rate and sitting at around 75 fps in boulder gate 3.
I have vsynch off.

Update: I just disabled gsynch and now its sitting stable at 165hz! I assume that the preferred setting is for gsynch to be disabled and having max fps?