Some display and sound issues

Meluno

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014
I have some issue but they aren't too much annyoing since they dont prevent me from playing or what so ever.
---------------------------------------------------
My PC specs, Customized by me:

Windows 10 Professionnal OEM 64Bit
Motherboard Z97-A
Motherboard Chipset: Haswell
BIOS version 2801
BIOS Date: 11/11/2015 -> (If there is newer version I can't find it)
Mouse: Razer Ouroboros - > USB
Primary Display: ASUS ROG SWIFT 165Hz refresh rate
Secondary Display: AOC U2879VF 4K Ultra HD
CPU: i7-4970K @ 4 GHz
GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 AMP Edition
RAM: Corsair 32 GB 4x8 GB 2400 MHz DDR3
Sound Card: SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium -> Don't know if its even used since I use USB headset.
Headset: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum -> USB
System Storage (Where windows is installed): Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series 512 GB, Type NTFS
----------------------------------------------------
I have some issues with my second display which sometimes shows flickering or cutted image while I watch a movie or go on youtube. Still does do the image cutting rarely when I'm ingame or on desktop doing nothing. I think they occure sometimes when I hover with my Mouse over a desktop icon and the mouse shows the path of the program. The image flicker just occurs like 10 ms. I just see it on the corner of my eye. It occurs often when I fastforward a movie or in youtube.

For the sound I found out if I go with my mouse on my desktop and I stay on it without doing anything the sound starts to crackle very often, I can hear that crackling sounds from my friends talking in discord, but youtube and other video program like VLC sounds do not crackle. It's very ugly those crackling sounds but I can understand my friends talking, barrely.

Thank you all in advance, in the hope you may have a solution.

Best regards

Meluno

ctornado

Prominent
Oct 29, 2018
It may be that you are experiencing interference of some kind. If you have a magnet near your monitor, or something that emits like a microwave, they could cause what you are experiencing. If you don't have anything like that near your monitor, then I'm sorry, but it sounds like your monitor is starting to go. A monitor flickering and making noise are sure signs that the monitor is beginning to reach the end of its life. Admittedly, the monitor can still last for years while displaying those symptoms, but there isn't really any way to fix the issues you're describing.

Meluno

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014
You misunderstood, The sound issue isn't from the display. And the display is still new. And I don't have any magnet or any microwave emitting thing. Now I installed firefox and it seems that, That sound issue has been solved. I noticed when I tryied to install the newest Java, it told me that firefox may not work properly with it. Firefox may have issues with it on windows 10. I had Windows 7 previously and I never had any issues with it. I just had to install Win10 since I bought the newest generation graphics card. Could it be the difference in the resolution? My primary display is at 2560 and my secondary at 3840. Could it be?