Question Some games are getting constantly disconnected, is it because of the physical firewall ?

Oct 2, 2024
So my firm has a physical firewall, and we play several games - some of which are fine - while others keep getting disconnects every 5-10 minutes. It occurs on every computer, and only for those specific games, so my eyes are set on the physical firewall, probably something to do with ports, but I am not sure what.

Anyone else had this kind of problem? What can be done here?

Hard to say for sure since games are not the same. In addition some games have a lot more trouble when multiple machines play the same game even behind a home router without a firewall.

If it was some firewall issue it would be some issue with a temporary rules timing out. Only way to know what is going on is to be able to look at the logs in the firewall and see what is happening. You may have to add some more logging to be sure that the firewall puts out a message when something happens.

If you have no access the firewall then you need to talk to the person that does or use your own network connection like your cell phone that does not need to pass the firewall.

Oct 2, 2024
Thanks for the quick response. I have access to the firewall, its a fortinet physical firewall. Some games constantly being disconnected, others have no problem at all. It's either-or, there's no inbetween.

I'll try to see whats being logged.