[SOLVED] Some good case for 360 aio cooler- would H510i work?

seankor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2012
Hey,
looking for a case that works well with mounting on 360 cooler.
It will be 3950x or 5950x build, but 2060 or 3060 graphics, not looking to overclock or play games, or super performance records, but would still like that system remains cool when CPU is working full on under load for hours.
Should the cooler do good enough since GPU will not be utilised a lot of times and not best performing cases work? or must I still look for something more performance oriented?

Would Corsair Carbide 275R suffice? Maybe even 275Q?
Or what are some popular choices, I saw NZXT H510i,might have a bit of trouble with the cooler as it needs to be mounted infront and might have trouble to such in the air?

Didn't seem to notice that in Carbide, even the non airflow version.
Otherwise like the minimal design of those cases if anyone has some suggestion and not to go for the very expensive cases as it doesn't seem necessary

Solution
Fractal Design Meshify C. Put 360 aio in front, just use the single rear exhaust.

The NZXT H510 series does not like front intake fans, so an aio there actually makes things worse for the gpu.

Most cases with a mesh type front offer greater airflow characteristics than enclosed or TG front cases. There are exceptions. Even with the door closed on my Fractal Design R5, it still had very good temps on an overclocked i7-3770K with just the 4 fans, 2x intake and aio at exhaust, no rear.

Much of your temps for cpu and gpu will be assigned by exactly how you setup your fans, which fans you use etc.

A fancy looking case full of unicorn puke rgb doesn't necessarily mean you'll get better temps, it just looks better to some.

Lutfij

Titan
Include the budget you have set aside for a case purchase and then mention your location, then your preferred site for purchase and lastly the specs to the build/the parts that you want to stuff the case with. There's no point in putting an mitx/matx board inside an ATX chassis due to all the unused space(both inside and outside), which is why I asked for your proposed build.

Parts and brand availability will depend on region, hence the need for your location.

seankor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2012
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x or 5950x
MOBO: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
RAM: 2x32GB ddr4 3600 Thermaltake Tough
Disk: SSD Samsung 980 pro 1TB
Graphics: Gtx 2060 MSI or 3060 ti- depends on availability
PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 650W Modular
Cooler: Aplhacool Eisbaer LT360 (or Corsair 150i or NXZT X73- probably first one)

Case? -I usually go with Corsair Carbide 275R, looks good imo and performs pretty good as well.

there is no budget really, just that it looks good and perform sufficiently, but is not so important that I would like to give much more than necessary. But if it looks really nice, than might be worth it
Maybe should go for 280 cooler to use 510i, I saw it doesn't support 360 cooler, would like to make sure 5950x is cooled properly though, I read 5900x can get quite hot.
Cajas PC | PcComponentes.com from here

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Fractal Design Meshify C. Put 360 aio in front, just use the single rear exhaust.

The NZXT H510 series does not like front intake fans, so an aio there actually makes things worse for the gpu.

Most cases with a mesh type front offer greater airflow characteristics than enclosed or TG front cases. There are exceptions. Even with the door closed on my Fractal Design R5, it still had very good temps on an overclocked i7-3770K with just the 4 fans, 2x intake and aio at exhaust, no rear.

Much of your temps for cpu and gpu will be assigned by exactly how you setup your fans, which fans you use etc.

A fancy looking case full of unicorn puke rgb doesn't necessarily mean you'll get better temps, it just looks better to some.

Solution

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
You could roast a turkey in under an hour inside an H510 with a 5950x and a 3060.

I second the Meshify C, you want something that doesn't looks like a minimalist fridge and has actual air intake.