[SOLVED] Some help please.Building a budget gaming pc

tsakalatoras

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2015
Hello everyone !
My pc started getting old. I'm about to build a new one.I picked carefully my parts after reading a lot of reviews etc but Im open to any suggestion. My budget will be around 800-900 euros and I will use my current hdd and ssd.
Pc will be only for gaming. I would like you to help me a bit in the gpu part and answer me some questions.
So specs will be:

Ryzen 5 3600x (200€) with a Nzxt kraken m22 (75€) . Anyone using a m22? Is it ok for a 3600x?

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max (100€) I dont want to spend more than ~100 on mobo and I've read that this is one of the best B450 out there. what do you think?

G.Skill Aegis 3000MHz 8gb+8gb (or I should go for one 16gb now and get another one 16 later)?

Gigabyte GP-P750GM (100€)it's 80plus gold and fully modular psu. Is it ok? Is it too much?
And now the 1million dollars question. What gpu should I get? Im looking for something no more than 350euros.
I was considering MSI GeForce RTX 2060 6GB Gaming Z (350€ ) , then I watched some youtube videos comparing it with a MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT 6GB Gaming X (290€ )

and it was slightly better? Anyone using one of them? Is there a better option out there? Can they really handle 4k?
Right now I'm playing only WoW so I would like to be able to play at ~Ultra 4k settings . Is this possible with my current build?
Thanks in advance :jakebarnssmiley:

Solution
Hi, that build is not bad, but I would pick other components instead. You never said where are you from so prices may change.

And yeah I would hold on the GPU, like Eximo wrote, new graphic cards are around the corner.

You may feel the stock cooler is good enough, no need to spend on extra cooling solution without trying the boxed one. I build two diferent Ryzen 5 3600 PCs, mine and another one for my bro, and the experience with the stock cooler was diferent for both of us.
He is happy with the stock cooler (I tested the PC and yeah the stock cooler runs way better than in my PC), while I had to go buy a new aftermarket one.
I don't know if it has something to do with the motherboard power delivering, and/or the chipset (one...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
CPU, motherboard, and cooler choice are fine.

Gigabyte is new to the PSU market, but it seems okay. Good price at least, and PSU prices are outrageous at the moment.

I would hold off on ordering a GPU for now. RTX2060 is set to be replaced by the RTX3060 towards the end of the year, that is going to be somewhat equivalent to an RTX2080.

AMD is releasing their 6000 series GPUs later this year as well. Probably just the high end ones for now though.

Only buy a GPU now if you absolutely must have one. Otherwise upgrade your system and put the old GPU in it for now.

As for WoW, you can certainly run it at 4K with either of those cards, probably not the best experience in all situations. Overworld will be fine, major towns are almost always CPU bound regardless of graphics performance. Raids with lots of effects may drop below an enjoyable experience. You can tweak view distance, shadows, and a few other minor things to still get 99% the experience of 4K.

Last time I ran WoW, I was able to run 4K with a GTX1080, which is about what an RTX2060 would do.

If you are talking about World of Warships consensus is that yes, you should be able to do 4K with an RTX2060.

Reactions: RodroX
Hi, that build is not bad, but I would pick other components instead. You never said where are you from so prices may change.

And yeah I would hold on the GPU, like Eximo wrote, new graphic cards are around the corner.

You may feel the stock cooler is good enough, no need to spend on extra cooling solution without trying the boxed one. I build two diferent Ryzen 5 3600 PCs, mine and another one for my bro, and the experience with the stock cooler was diferent for both of us.
He is happy with the stock cooler (I tested the PC and yeah the stock cooler runs way better than in my PC), while I had to go buy a new aftermarket one.
I don't know if it has something to do with the motherboard power delivering, and/or the chipset (one is B450 the other one is X570 ) and or the CPU.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor (€210.38 @ Electronicamente)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€129.91 @ Amazon Espana)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory (€76.22 @ Amazon Espana)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB DUAL EVO OC V2 Video Card (€391.00 @ Amazon Espana)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€106.95 @ Amazon Espana)
Total: €914.46
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-27 21:11 CEST+0200

Last edited:
Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Or wait entirely, 4000 series AMD chips coming out as well. Still going to be DDR4 and ATX power supplies don't change much, if you find a good deal, maybe grab them piecemeal. Not ideal since you can't test DDR4 without a DDR4 motherboard and CPU, but could be worth 50 Euro over the next few weeks.

If you can run WoW now, nothing wrong with upgrading piecemeal. Usually what I do.

CPU/Motherboard/RAM, wait for GPU launch, snag one and stay content for a few years. Then repeat. Occasionally the opposite, had my GTX1080 before the 7700k.

B550/X570 chipset is necessary for 4000 series I believe, so you could also buy that in advance of the 4000 series CPUs.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Both a great time and bad time for building. Prices on the old components are still relatively high, but limited volume at release might prevent you from getting a 4000 series processor or RTX3060 in a reasonable amount of time.

But if you take the pressure off of yourself by still having a functional system in the meantime, that might not matter that much.