Question Some keys on my laptop keyboard doesn’t work. These keys only respond when used in combination with the Shift, Ctrl, or Function key. Help...

Nov 1, 2023
Some keys on my laptop keyboard doesn’t work. These keys only respond when used in combination with the Shift, Ctrl, or Function key. Help...

Specific keys on my ROG laptop's keyboard have stopped working, although they work when I press them along with the shift, ctrl, or function key. The affected keys are Caps Lock, Space Bar, Numpad Enter, E, and 3. These keys remain unresponsive even in the BIOS settings and only function when used in combination with shift, ctrl, or function key. I've confirmed that my function key is neither active nor locked. The laptop model is ROG GL503GE, and this problem emerged after I cleaned the laptop and applied thermal paste.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

this problem emerged after I cleaned the laptop and applied thermal paste
Did you make sure that you reassembled the laptop in the same order you'd disassembled it? I don't see any layered key bindings for CAPSLOCK, SPACE, Enter, E and 3.

You could try and remove the keyboard from Device Manager, then reboot your laptop.