Some Nexus 7 Already Plagued With Hardware Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakecat

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
I just got mine last night, Sleep Of Death right out of box. Couldn't wake it up from sleep, had to do hard reset everytime, factory reset seems to fixed the problem tho.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Google Play[/nom]Sorry! Devices on Google Play is not available in your country yet.
We're working to bring devices to more countries as quickly as possible.
Please check back again soon.[/citation]

The new iPad may costs 2.5x as much, but Apple will actually accept my money.
Of course, to Google we're not customers, we're the product so it's hardly suprising.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]The new iPad may costs 2.5x as much, but Apple will actually accept my money.Of course, to Google we're not customers, we're the product so it's hardly suprising.[/citation]

Right, hello employee. Don't forget to worship Steve Jobs!

Google, a company that were supposed to take the tablet market (as much as I don't care for tablets) by storm, seems to have gotten lax in quality control. Perhaps they are overworking the factories that are producing these Nexus 7 tablets in an attempt to catch up to demand, but something got screwed up along the way.

[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]The new iPad may costs 2.5x as much, but Apple will actually accept my money.Of course, to Google we're not customers, we're the product so it's hardly suprising.[/citation]

Well, to Apple, we're just a resource, so it's not like they're any better in how they view us.

[citation][nom]nuvon[/nom]Android fanboy will always find excuse to forgive their master...[/citation]

The same is true for Apple fanboys, Nvidia fanboys, AMD fanboys, Intel fanboys, etc. etc... Do you see a pattern here? It doesn't matter who a fanboy is a fanboy for because they are still fanboys.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
So much for the quality of things that are made in the USA (I couldn't help it--the first thing that came to mind when I saw this was all of the "the Nexus was constructed in the USA" articles that popped up in the last couple weeks).

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Widely reported from @mac.com email addresses....

Seriously its probably either not happening at all or its happening here and there to a handful of people. Asus has made many different tablets before. This isn't their first rodeo, so its unlikely that they'd screw up the adhesive on the production runs. Dead pixels sounds sketchy too unless they used their time machine to buy some panels from 2007.

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]teh_chem[/nom]So much for the quality of things that are made in the USA (I couldn't help it--the first thing that came to mind when I saw this was all of the "the Nexus was constructed in the USA" articles that popped up in the last couple weeks).[/citation]
It wasn't made in the USA. You're think of the Q.

SGTgimpy

Honorable
May 14, 2012
The Nexus Q was built in the USA, the Nexus 7 that everyone is having issue with is manufactured by Asus and is built in Taiwan and China. So Google is not to blame for QC or build issue. That also falls on Asus.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]fyend[/nom]It wasn't made in the USA. You're think of the Q.[/citation]
[citation][nom]sgtgimpy[/nom]The Nexus Q was built in the USA, the Nexus 7 that everyone is having issue with is manufactured by Asus and is built in Taiwan and China. So Google is not to blame for QC or build issue. That also falls on Asus.[/citation]
DOH!!! My bad. Totally right.

Realizing now it's an asus product, I wouldn't be surprised--my original transformer tab has had no hardware functionality issues, but their user support is god-awful.

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
[citation][nom]sgtgimpy[/nom]The Nexus Q was built in the USA, the Nexus 7 that everyone is having issue with is manufactured by Asus and is built in Taiwan and China. So Google is not to blame for QC or build issue. That also falls on Asus.[/citation]

It's still an issue for Google considering it's built specifically for them. Also, claiming that anything built in China or Taiwan is of shotty quality compared to anything in the U.S.A.... Compare any car built here to those built overseas. /end argument.

Besides that blatant fanboy comment, overall I'm curious to see how Google handles this. Microsoft, after much flack, owned up to their RRoD issue. Sony didn't own up to their YLoD issue. Apple didn't own up to ANY of their issues. So Google, I'm not MS fanboy but you should really take queue from them in this regard.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Developing cutting edge products on a fast schedule isn't easy; Errors happen, for Google as well as Apple.

Interesting to read the reactions in the forum

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]snowzsan[/nom]It's still an issue for Google considering it's built specifically for them. Also, claiming that anything built in China or Taiwan is of shotty quality compared to anything in the U.S.A.... Compare any car built here to those built overseas. /end argument.citation]

actually thats a crappy argument since that hasnt been true for at least the last 5 years. American made cars are holding their own again any foreign manufacturer. There is a reason kia and the rest have 100k mile warranties....they need them.

mikeintn

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
We have 10 in our extended family and everyone seems to be loving them so far and after a few days as of this evening noone has experienced any of these problems. I think we had 1 sound issues that fixed itself when we updated to 4.1.1

Nakecat

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
o..Crap.. no only the Sleep of Death issue is back but i just checked, my left side of screen is also "Life"....... waiting on the phone now for RMA and refund T_T;

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
[citation][nom]geminireaper[/nom][citation][nom]snowzsan[/nom]It's still an issue for Google considering it's built specifically for them. Also, claiming that anything built in China or Taiwan is of shotty quality compared to anything in the U.S.A.... Compare any car built here to those built overseas. /end argument.citation]actually thats a crappy argument since that hasnt been true for at least the last 5 years. American made cars are holding their own again any foreign manufacturer. There is a reason kia and the rest have 100k mile warranties....they need them.[/citation]
+1, the American car companies have really been getting their crap together over the past 5 years. The argument that American cars are junk doesn't really hold up anymore.

bspatial

Honorable
May 16, 2012
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Right, hello employee. Don't forget to worship Steve Jobs![/citation]

I really like this one. Very hilarious!

alextheblue

Distinguished
I accidentally downrated you because you quoted gemini, who had a botched quote. So I thought you were quoting snowzsan and mistakenly agreeing with him. Sorry.

The current crop of US/Canadian-made vehicles are pretty good overall in terms of quality. Same goes for Korean cars, in particular ever since Hyundai bought Kia many years ago, and gradually brought quality up on both lines.

Regardless, we're talking about China and Taiwan here. How many Chinese-built cars has anyone here owned? It's not really fair to group all foreign products together. Comparing Chinese products to Japanese, Korean, etc, is an insult.

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
It was rushed through from conception to market. So this is not a surprise. I just hope google learns something here. I know Asus has been cursing them for a while and now ..... Oops looky there it broke. Oh well I just hope google doesn't turn too many people away from a potentially great product. I want to see Crapple take a nose dive tee hee hee!

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]alextheblue[/nom]I accidentally downrated you because you quoted gemini, who had a botched quote. So I thought you were quoting snowzsan and mistakenly agreeing with him. Sorry.The current crop of US/Canadian-made vehicles are pretty good overall in terms of quality. Same goes for Korean cars, in particular ever since Hyundai bought Kia many years ago, and gradually brought quality up on both lines. Regardless, we're talking about China and Taiwan here. How many Chinese-built cars has anyone here owned? It's not really fair to group all foreign products together. Comparing Chinese products to Japanese, Korean, etc, is an insult.[/citation]
Word^

Status
Not open for further replies.