Some People Are Smashing Their PS4s Right After Purchase

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bpeglow

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
If you have $400 to just waste wouldn't you be better off donating your PS4 to a kid who can't afford one, or you know just donating $400 to charity instead of being a giant douche.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
All copycats. This has been going on for ages, It involved shooting at pc parts and anything else such as iphones , ipads and watching what happens in slow motion as the bullet impacts.
These aren't the droids your looking for, Move along move along!

You forget, that's the way were are seen because people like to see stereotypes.

And AmericanRDumb, you are welcome for that CPU, GPU and all the technology in your computer thanks to American companies like AMD and Intel.

Cuz you know, we are just stupid and have contributed nothing to the world.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008

Shhhhhh... you are on the internet, if you don't agree that America is where all stupid people live you will get ripped to pieces by the more "civilized and intelligent" people.

G

They're not spoiled or brats. They're simply damaging their own property. How you view them doesn't really matter as you are looking at them through your world view and what you deem is important

MidnightDistort

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
This has got to be the stupidest thing man has ever done on this planet. I don't care if your doing it for fame or ze youtube comments/views, people had to leave the stores without a PS4. Never saw the PS3 smashing until far later when i thought it was just PS3's that never worked. Hope to god those PS4's were defective to begin with because i seriously would hate to be someone at home that couldn't get their PS4 running and all the stores are all sold out. I'm tempted to throw a couple of Windows 95 machines at these morons who think it's funny to break a new console. That's probably why they are so expensive in the first place. It's a waste of resources and it's not funny, it's pathetic! These people are losers.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I wonder if Francis AKA Boogie2988 will do it next? I bet those people on those Youtube videos are just doing this with respect to Boogie2988, since he's smashed up an Xbox before.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
EVERYONE

the top video has 84000 hits so far, and as they become more well known will probably reach 100-200K views

if you arent getting screwed, you sould get about 10$ per 1000 people who view your video at most.

lets go with 3$ as a low average,

84x3= 252$
to break even he would need, 134000 views.
you also have to look at it as a bump for their other videos too.

they arent being morons, at least not all of them, they are looking to make a viral video that will boost their income.

Icecweam7

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Waste all those hours in line then your $400.00+? Either idiots or a publicity stunt. Do something more productive like volunteer your time and/or money to charity or to those in need.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
That was awesome. Whether it's real or not that is what everyone should do with the supposed "new" consoles. Smash them on the floor, just simply amazing.

Marikhen

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
@rawoysters They're only "spoiled American brats" if you consider anyone from the Americas to be an "American." If you're referring to people from the USA then one of them isn't a "spoiled American brat," he's a "spoiled Canadian brat."

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
For the 3rd video... I envy the guy who drive a sh***y car but can afford to waste a brand new console just for the stupid Youtube...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS