Some People Are Smashing Their PS4s Right After Purchase

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarsWarrior

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
Someone thinking that this amounts to fame must be really desperate for attention. Infamous is a more fitting description for this display of moronic worthlessness.

MidnightDistort

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
The funny thing is i stopped reading and talking about this but i keep hearing about this so these console smashing morons are getting exactly what they planned for when investing in a new console just to rip the box open and kick it down the street until the hard drive pops out of it.

There's already police at every corner on Black Friday, i'm sure some places will be asking them to keep the console smashing dummies from doing that. Though they'll probably do it in their own backyard then or in a library lol. What i'd like to know is whether any of the consoles that were demolishes still work. Probably not if the hard drive flies out of it when being dropped.

HKILLER

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
now not only i think PCs are superior but i also think PC gamers are much superior in terms of sociality and behavior...ever seen a PC gamer Smash his newly build PC into Pieces?and what's the point?they don't care if you smash it if you have paid 400$ right there!they have already won the moment they got the money out of your wallet...

dustley

Distinguished
May 31, 2011

And still there are clueless people like this who don't even read any of the replies before posting.

danielsdesk

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
Last console gen folks did this, though a lot of them weren't using their *own* money... many had started online donations basically saying 'if I get such and such money, I will use it to destroy game consoles in front of losers waiting in line' to some extent. They'd reach their fundraising level, so really it's just about folks who want to watch the world burn.

Aug 6, 2013

Hopefully you are not in the UK.

You are liable to be arrested and/or thrown into jail and/or a mental institution, as such behaviour is looked upon very unfavorably by `the Authorities`.

Its no surprise the American kept a scarf over his face; police sometimes shoot people dead at their door there.

Mind your ID.

felix666

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
If they have their youtube channel, and that their clip gets say a million views it will pay many times the smashed PS4. Who are the idiots?

takeshi7

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Actually I remember when PS3 came out and they smashed it on the street it was actually profitable because they got donations to buy the PS3 + ad money.

Status
Not open for further replies.