Not open for further replies.
G

Never knew Samsung made printers.

Hope their refrigerators dont get hacked. Have ice cubes shooting out :p

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Why would someone hack a printer for?[/citation]

Networked devices with their own SoC could be used for any number of applications. Rewrite the firmware and voila its a tad more than a printer....

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Now the Nigerians can hack your printer and when you come to the office you find a half dozen certificates of selected Swiss funds available for withdrawal.
The submit form for the transfer taxes will also have been printed for your convenience :)

G

One more reason not to buy Samsung. It took them three months to replace a defective printer cartridge (kept failing to send, sent to wrong address, etc...). They also failed to promptly patch a bug on their hard drive controller which caused them to lockup. After these two incidents I swore I would never buy another Samsung product.

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
[citation][nom]brickman[/nom]Never knew Samsung made printers. Hope their refrigerators dont get hacked. Have ice cubes shooting out[/citation]

Yeah i havent seen samsung printers either, that is HP territory (one of the few things HP makes that arent that bad)

G

So thats how hte goverments spyes on us....first the stored copies on laser printers and now this,btw most net devices have a hard coded accounts,printers ,faxes,laptops ,cellphones etc,etc.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]brickman[/nom]Never knew Samsung made printers. Hope their refrigerators dont get hacked. Have ice cubes shooting out[/citation]

I have a Samsung printer right next to me. An old black-and-white toner.

Status
Not open for further replies.