[SOLVED] some way to configure LAN ports on router

Feb 22, 2021
i know this is quite a long shot but hours of googling and duckduckin and what not, i have not been able to find a answer. closest ive come is how to port forward or adding extra ports using a switch.

basically what i am trying to figure out is. If there is a way to configure the physical ports on the router itself to be able to supply Other computers with Ethernet.

in a way to make it more clear. My isp decided that my router needed 3 ports that does not supply ethernet but are used to send and recieve Digital tv signals. and i was wondering if it is some how possible to configure those ports to turn them into Ethernet ports again without having to risk it and opening it up. if this did not make sence do let me know and i will try to clerify. the router is a icotera i4850 internet Router.

Ps i am based in denmark.

Solution
I'm assuming some of the ports are configured on a separate VLAN for the TV service. If that's what they're doing then it makes total sense to me why it's all hardcoded to be like that. Deploying thousands of these things with different configurations would be very hard logistically.

As someone else said, if you need more ethernet ports, just use the 1 you have and expand it with a cheap $15 gigabit network switch.
i know this is quite a long shot but hours of googling and duckduckin and what not, i have not been able to find a answer. closest ive come is how to port forward or adding extra ports using a switch.

basically what i am trying to figure out is. If there is a way to configure the physical ports on the router itself to be able to supply Other computers with Ethernet.

in a way to make it more clear. My isp decided that my router needed 3 ports that does not supply ethernet but are used to send and recieve Digital tv signals. and i was wondering if it is some how possible to configure those ports to turn them into Ethernet ports again without having to risk it and opening it up. if this did not make sence do let me know and i will try to clerify. the router is a icotera i4850 internet Router.

Ps i am based in denmark.

Did you ask your IPS why it's setup that way if you don't need it for the TV?

Feb 22, 2021
yes they just gave the generic its standard protocol to do so. they havent had the best of launches i will state as i got 4 other routers from them all 4 ports configured to TV and not ethernet

I'm assuming some of the ports are configured on a separate VLAN for the TV service. If that's what they're doing then it makes total sense to me why it's all hardcoded to be like that. Deploying thousands of these things with different configurations would be very hard logistically.

As someone else said, if you need more ethernet ports, just use the 1 you have and expand it with a cheap $15 gigabit network switch.

Solution