Question Something is causing my Windows to be bugging out

AimanS

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
So today I decided to reinstall everything on my SSD (main drive) but leave my HDD (data) disconnected while reformatting. I had this weird Windows bug that happened, when I try to change my lock screen background, it would just stuck loading but not actually load the new wallpaper & when I try to access stuffs using right click on programs/apps in the taskbar, for example, accessing a certain folder in File Explorer, go to Incognito tab of Chrome instantly. These were the reasons I reformatted. So I installed things little by little. I would check everything after each installation while keeping the HDD disconnected. Then it would be okay. Till I connected the HDD (this was still okay). But when I started verifying game files for my steam games. It was back. What seems to be the problem. For your info, I tried to reformat and clean every drive I had a few months back but it only lasted like a month (because I suspended my Windows Updates) then after the updates were done, it was back. Should I just ignore these annoying things or try to find the cause? Today was like my 10th time formatting in a half a year. I'm tired. I asked my friends if they have these problem. Nah, just me. My OS is Windows 10 Pro if that helps.

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to include more information.

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Include the age of the PSU as well as it's make and model. Then check and see which BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard. You might want to state where you sourced the installer for your OS.

AimanS

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
Might want to include more information.

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Include the age of the PSU as well as it's make and model. Then check and see which BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard. You might want to state where you sourced the installer for your OS.
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: ASRock B450 Steel Legend
Ram: Corsair Vengance PRO RGB DDR4 3600Mhz
SSD/HDD: Patriot Burst 240GB SSD (Main) Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB (Data)
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB SE
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold II 650w (around 1 year)
BIOS: P2.9
I got the OS from Microsoft Windows website that provided Media Creation Tool.

TRENDING THREADS