Something is triggering a browser to open on startup and I don't know what.

May 19, 2018
Whenever I boot my laptop up, a Chrome window opens automatically. It doesn't navigate to any particular site, but I want to know why it is launching on startup. I've gone into the Startup section of my Task Manager and disabled Chrome, so I am extremely perplexed as to why it's still happening (pic here: https://imgur.com/BDCwbKw).

I used to get an error on boot advising that no email client was available, but that's not happening anymore; now Chrome just launches. I think something's trying to access email on startup but I have no idea what. Can anyone help?

Solution
Hello amoffitt

Can you please try the different solutions given here? The suggested thread also includes the method you already tried so you can safely skip that answer.

Feel free to report back with the results if none of the solutions works for you, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!
Hello amoffitt

Can you please try the different solutions given here? The suggested thread also includes the method you already tried so you can safely skip that answer.

Feel free to report back with the results if none of the solutions works for you, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!

Solution