Question Sometimes there is no response when I press my PC power button ?

Triple955i

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013
Hi
Once my pc is turned off i find when i go to turn it back on sometimes there is no response! Sometimes it's fine and it turns on. When it does not power up i normally unplug the main power from pc and leave it overnight or until i get to play. That works, it powers up again so it will be ok for the next few days.

I'm trying to work out why the power button sometimes doesn't start my PC ? Any ideas or advice would greatly help pls.

Thank you

Most simple attempt to fix: Try to just re-seat the 24p motherboard connector and the cabinet connector that leads to pwr-button. It may be labeled, but also refer to motherboard manual to be sure. Also when at it, it cannot hurt using WD40 or similar on the connectors.

Remember to disconnect power cord first, and always touch a conducting metal part of the cabinet in order to reduce ESD while working at it.

Triple955i

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013
Most simple attempt to fix: Try to just re-seat the 24p motherboard connector and the cabinet connector that leads to pwr-button. It may be labeled, but also refer to motherboard manual to be sure. Also when at it, it cannot hurt using WD40 or similar on the connectors.

Remember to disconnect power cord first, and always touch a conducting metal part of the cabinet in order to reduce ESD while working at it.
Hi
Thank you for your reply i will try that ! The pc was left unplugged from mains for couple days so last night i plugged it back in and its fine it started up fine and i played master chief collection all night lol
Thank again.