[SOLVED] Sonic studio 3

cyberwasp

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
I have an ASUS z270e mb that I had built by Puget system. It has been great up until yesterday. The right channel was not playing at all. Eventually I opened sonic studio 3 and switch the output to headphone. For some weird reason the speakers came to life.

After a short email from a tech at Puget, he sent me updated realtec sound drivers. I installed them and it plays fine. However. Now, "Sonic studio 3," program won't load. It says, "The software cannot be opened. You should install your audio drivers first.

I tried about a dozen times to log into the Asus sight to look and see if there's a new version, but when I hit log in, it loops back to log in again and says I already am. I can't get out of the loop. Can anyone help me. My ears can't take the muddy sound and sonic studio has the EQ and setting that shake the walls. TIA

Solution
it doesn't list sonic studio 3
this would be audio control software that comes bundled with your Realtek audio drivers.

it's likely that the distributor that built your system just sent you a set of generic Realtek drivers that did not contain the extra software.

my system uses a newer Sonic Suite Companion.
it is installed the exact same way.

cyberwasp

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
this would be audio control software that comes bundled with your Realtek audio drivers.

it's likely that the distributor that built your system just sent you a set of generic Realtek drivers that did not contain the extra software.

my system uses a newer Sonic Suite Companion.
it is installed the exact same way.
Would it be possible to send me a link?

cyberwasp

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
i don't have your motherboard or it's product support page linked, so no.
you need the package designed for your particular motherboard.
Please disregard. On a whim I tried the install again and lo and behold Sonic Studio is up and running. I have no idea what happened the first time. Thank you to all that helped. Now I can shake the walls again. The people here at Tom's hardware are the best!

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost