Sony Announces Free-To-Play Lineup For E3 2012

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudieMurphy135

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]Energy96[/nom]They are only F2P because pretty much everything they have is terrible or outdated.[/citation]
Yeah dude, I mean Planetside 2 looks *so* terrible and outdated.

*sarcasm*

Energy96

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

It isn't out yet and odds are extremely high that even if it is good at launch they will ruin it one way or another after launch like every other decent game they ever had.

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
I really don't think people criticizing F2P have given the games their due.

DC Online Universe is really fun and you do not need to spend any money. If you are like me the only pain with F2P is that I like to be a pack rat even in games. But hey its free and I played it plenty. Their style system for armor looks/models to me is hands down first class and I wish all games would follow a similar model.

Guild Wars is an awesome F2P game that I played forever and I am I looking forward to GW2.

Vanguard: SOH is a game I have always enjoyed and loved. It has sooo many revolutionary systems in this game that I can't believe other games haven't tried to copy or imitate VG. I can only guess because of its lack of popularity after the botched launch that most other MMO's know very little of their users have experienced any of the these great mechanics so they don't put any effort forth to bring such greatness to their own games.

I haven't played AoC in depth since it went F2P but it didn't seem a lot different to me. And one of these weekends I might just forgive Aion and the cr@p I went through with their server merges and try their F2P.

Lastly for the commentor who suggested LoL (League of Legends) isn't pay2win, let me just just give that person a hearty laugh - lol! ummm I will agree with you technically but LoL makes it so you would have to play with a limited number of newer champs and stick with only really old champs to get buy and once you hit 30 you are limited to only 2 runes pages which limits your builds and flexibility with certain champs. you are stuck to two main types of champs until you save the IP for more rune pages, which then you needs more runes, and all this takes aways from getting more champs. In other words, LoL has found a way to make it take just long enough that most people will just spend some money here and there to save time. If you stuck with straight up F2P it would take you like 6 months of alot of play time to be really competitive at 30 unless you want to be a 1 to 2 champ wonder. Most people won't have that kind of self control and I am sure Riot knows it and it is why every so often a new champ is OP until the next patch or two after that champs release. Don't get me wrong however, I do really like LoL and I play it plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.