Sony Copies Microsoft, Offers Free PlayStation for Students

Status
Not open for further replies.

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
LOL yeah they're copying Microsoft... but with better deals... PS3, PS Vita, Discounts, Gift Cards... Thats what you call a deal... Microsoft needs to have better perkies to beat this.

G

Why offer 8% savings when I could sell the PS3 on ebay for a lot more than that?

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]TheFlyingFish[/nom]Why offer 8% savings when I could sell the PS3 on ebay for a lot more than that?[/citation]
You get the 8% savings too...

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Wondering if they ever said "Microsoft copies Sony: Xbox Now Offers...
HDMI
Slim console sku
Wi-Fi
Web browser
HD Classics
Cloud Storage"

to name a few. They'd probably also add a standard HDD, internal PSU, Blu-ray, free online play, free apps too but that's getting carried away...

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Sony did the same deal last year (only PS3 though) after MSFT announced their Xbox deal, so was expecting this for a while. If they've got a nice computer to buy, why not pick up a game system or $200 in games/gaming gear at the same time? Unfortunately, for me anyway, Sony doesn't seem to be selling any of their 16.4" laptops, which were their largest screen notebooks. Unless that changes, I'll be passing on this little deal.

jazn1337

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
This article's title is ridiculous. One wonders if you would have said "Intel copies Apple: releases Ultrabooks" or "AMD copies Intel: releases Ultrathins"

These VAIO PCs comes with windows 7 so technically could it be possible to get an Xbox 360 and PS3 in this deal? Say if newegg accepts the free ps3 code. Given that MS has been paid for the OS it should be possible.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
[citation][nom]elbert[/nom]These VAIO PCs comes with windows 7 so technically could it be possible to get an Xbox 360 and PS3 in this deal? Say if newegg accepts the free ps3 code. Given that MS has been paid for the OS it should be possible.[/citation]

No, it's not. The Xbox deal is restricted to certain laptops, of which none of Sony's are up for grabs. Not to mention I'm 99% certain the Sony deal is only available through their own website.

apone

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
Oh lordy Sony, yes all of us students (myself being an alumni) know that a Sony Playstation is a definite must-have on the list of tools that help get the job done in making the Dean's List in college....

Status
Not open for further replies.