Sony Debuts Three All-In-One Desktop PCs With Blu-ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Why can't all Tom's articles be written as well as this one? Has someone been listening to our cries for change? Or is this a once-in-a-while thing?
If Tom's has hired an honest-to-god real editor then I must shout in jubilation from the highest -insert cliche here- !

Now if only we could do something about those hardware articles.
It's called level of treatment. You don't get good results if you don't test in a proper environment- namely, the recent GPU article with the handicapped old CPU placing a seriously low ceiling, and the lack of ATi's most powerful card and latest drivers despite them all being released before the article had begun testing.

el fiendo

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
I'll agree with you on the drivers, and perhaps even the 'most powerful card part' but, if I am thinking of the same article, the entire point of that article was to show how much of a CPU bottleneck would affect card performance. It was most likely aimed at the people who think they can own a P4 or what have you and slap in a GTX 280 as an 'upgrade' instead of spending less for the same performance. It even says along those lines in the title if I'm not mistaken. The article set out to prove what was intended, seeming that if not even the greatest graphics cards are severely limited, then one can infer that even more powerful graphics cards would be even more limited. In fact would most likely stop at the same ceiling, thus rendering spending the additional money to be pointless.

Also, good article here.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]waffle911[/nom]Why can't all Tom's articles be written as well as this one?[/citation]

How we all see things differently. I don't see this as an article, but more of a rephrasing of an advertisement. There is no testing, no analysis, no judgments or conclusions made.

Isn't it ironic that people chastise Tom's for allowing poorly written articles getting published (which is not surprising if Tom's is thinking global and recruiting more authors who are not native English speakers), then complain that articles are untimely. If they try to publish in a timely manner, then editing time needs to be reduced or a staff needs to be hired - either volunteered or paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.