Sony Signs Chrome Browser Deal With Google

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trih

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
The fewer M$ applications you run the better it is so why not Chrome. I'd prefer safari or FF myself.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I don't understand how Microsoft gets screewed by the EU for including IE with Windows yet Apple can include there junk browser with OSX. Now Sony can ship there laptops with Chrome?

Why is MS the only company who gets F'd by the EU?

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
i use it as my default browser as well since day 1, however, I still use FF and IE because of some compatibility issues with certain websites. Chrome is easy to use, clean and very fast.

G

i stopped using firefox as a 2nd browser.... now its Chrome, as many review say ITS MUCH FASTER! 1st is Opera of course...

manjyomethunder

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
I bought a Sony VAIO FW two or three weeks ago, it already had Chrome installed and set as the default browser. I was pretty shocked to be honest. I went and installed FireFox instead though, because I rely on a dozen or so extensions and GM scripts.

cybrcatter

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
With all of the garbage that pc manufactures load onto pre-buit units, why are they not pre-loading most IE browser alternatives such as Opera, Chrome, FireFox, etc en masse?

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
@zak_mckraken
check the options. you can choose to have the 'favorites bar' display always or just on new tab/home tab or something.

def like chrome's screen real estate and fast load times. i'm still down with FF as well but have been download chrome on more computers I touch than FF lately.

rossward

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
I know all of you MS hata's out there are gonna' go crazy, but in the mixed office environment here where everyone gets to install whatever they want we've got FireFox and Chrome and I like to use IE. I find it to be more compatible and stable which are priorities. Chrome's handling of locked up sessions is admirable, but for what I use it for it's the lockup that's the problem not having to restart the browser. That being said, I was really excited when Chrome was coming out, but after I used it for a while I've decided that it's only half-baked. If Google wants to put it back in the oven and make it compatible and stable and fix some of the UI issues I have with Chrome I'd definitely give it a second try.

G

Why don't they get rid of the crappy PS3 browser and put chrome in place!?

That would be a great idea wouldn't it...

Impulse Fire911

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
chrome works very well for me i used the browser for about 4 months and no majort problems but some plug ins like java crash often. i cant wait for the OS tottaly gonna dual boot with windows 7

G

i just got a vaio and was surprised to find chrome as the default but i'm using it and its fast :)

Quote:"now using a Sony is a different story... "

Your point? 90% of the sony products I have purchased have been absolutely fantastic. I would have no regrets on buying a vaio.

Quote:"I didn't have anything against Chrome but now i do, it's doing business with Sony now; so it will become crap"

More ps3 hate? In any case, why would placing a browser on a different brand of pc make it become crap? I don't think sony is going to start coding for google anytime soon.

As for browsing on a ps3...perhaps because the ps3 was released before chrome existed? In either case, it doesnt matter much, the ps3 is a gaming platform not a netbook.

G

I'm currently viewing this page on chrome... It's the best, sleek, leen and green(or is that blue) , it's a pitty that there are still some sites that don't support it... rather site applications, still - in my daily use I have only found two apps that requiered Iex. I'm glad that companies are looking into chrome, it's really a solid app

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Unfortunately there are too many web site developers out there that are useless without microsoft and microsoft gears their web designing software to only work with IE. (just look out Exchange Online for an example). Some pages don't work with other browsers.

G

Chrome = Win
FF = Backup Win
IE = Way to download Win or Backup Win

dolce5

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Its a very good browser. I use it at work and at home. The problem is that
not all the sites have full support for it. there fore i need a second browser.
Fix this issue then make it available for PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.