Sony Signs Deal to Integrate NFC to More Handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
If you have to get within 10cm (about 4 in) of the device it will either make it rather difficult for a crook to read/copy your card or -ASSuming you keep the card in your back pocket- the incidence of public butt touchings will increase in order to get close enough :)

"No judge, I was not touching the ol' lady inappropriately; I was just trying to read her smart card".

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]this is a really bad idea, especially with Sony's bad security record....thanks but no thanks[/citation]
that's what you think. Who will guarantee you that none of the services you use has been hacked but the companies don't say anything yet.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]this is a really bad idea, especially with Sony's bad security record....thanks but no thanks[/citation]

Here in Hong Kong I have an Octopus keychain (FeliCa-based) I keep in my purse and I have to take it out every time because the purse is too much material for the signal to get through, even when it is at the very top of it (1 layer).

I would love it if more tablets and smartphones got FeliCa (like the Nexus 7) rather than NFC (NFC is nice though) because it is already a standard in Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.