Sony Still Doesn't Know What the Vaio-P Should Be

Status
Not open for further replies.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I will side with Sony, because I also have no idea what it is. :p What an interesting form factor! I saw these when they first came out, but never got the chance to try typing on one. =\

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Here's an actual review (better than an editorial):
http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/10/sony-vaio-p-series-review/

It even has a video.

G

Pricing is perfect for people like me who aren't considering anything in that price range.

tainted_peak

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
Well if the 256 GB SSD version is $800 than its somewhat understandable since the cheapest one I can find (mind you on newegg) is in the $600 range.

Moshu78

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
The only wrong thing with this Sony (except the pricing) is the screen resolution. It is too high for the screen size thus most applications in Windows will look like damn miniatures and you'll need a magnifying glass to find the menus.
Other than this, it's a cool piece of hardware.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
I'll tell you what it is :its a useless, overpriced device which requires you to get a good magnifying glass in one hand while you try your best to work the touchpad with the other and navigate Windows 7 on a slow processor.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
If only this product was released by Apple, I suspect the comments would not be "piece of junk" but "well, after it was on the self and everyone who was cool was buying it, I realized it has its place."

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
You bashers should admit it. It's a really awesome netbook with a touchscreen...
if you don't consider the price tag.

I tried the new X series when I was in the mall couple days ago. It was really super light / super thin, and I wanted it so badly. Simply amazing. Of course I can't afford it. Oh well, if I get rich enough to drive BMW's, I will definitely buy it.

G

Simple answer: anyone can make a 3 pound netbook. Making a 1.5 pound netbook is a genuine feat of engineering.

For the same weight and $300 more than an iPad, you can run real Windows apps and have an onboard keyboard.

The real problem is that it's not clear that this is something people actually want to buy. Maybe they should market it as a purse computer? It does come in pink and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.