Sony Vegas 13 Render Crash with GPU Acceleration

slipkorn20

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
Hello, I have a huge problem with Vegas, I have trying to fix this for days now.

When I trying to render a video with GPU acceleration (CUDA) with GTX 980ti, program keep crashing. It is ok when GPU is turned off but its takes ages to render 3min of video just with CPU. My videos usually have like 4-5 layers so CPU cant handle it well soo I really need CUDA!

I have try everything: many codecs, bit rates, resolutions.

Its work somethimes ok with Cuda if I`m not using custom presets but only somethimes.

Please someone help:(

Solution
I suspect you should be using OpenCL GPU Compute unless you have an effect that specifically uses CUDA (I'm not aware of any).

Vegas output can be finicky (i.e., pretty much worthless) if you get too far outside the box with your custom presets unless you have a specific supported plugin. When you select an output, I would suggest using the Vegas default recommended settings.

Whay format and output settings are you trying to do? ---- How are you trying to 'customize' the settings?

I suspect you should be using OpenCL GPU Compute unless you have an effect that specifically uses CUDA (I'm not aware of any).

Vegas output can be finicky (i.e., pretty much worthless) if you get too far outside the box with your custom presets unless you have a specific supported plugin. When you select an output, I would suggest using the Vegas default recommended settings.

Whay format and output settings are you trying to do? ---- How are you trying to 'customize' the settings?

Solution