Sony Vegas Pro Crashes After 5 Minutes with a blue screen saying "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

swenson.tor

Commendable
Dec 20, 2017
I just upgraded my pc to a 7700k and 1060 6gb and I was working on a video in Sony Vegas 15. all of a sudden, one day, out of no where, the program stops responding, freezes, or crashes. If I close the program after this happens, my computer crashes and the blue screen of death shows up with the error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL." I've never seen an error like this with SV 15, and it's no where else on the internet, but any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Solution
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is a memory related bsod.

This Stop message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory address to which it did not have permission to access
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms854226.aspx

Most times this is caused by old/wrong drivers or in rare cases memory corruption from a bad DIMM(s).

I recommend uninstalling all graphics drivers; Nvidia, AMD ...

And reinstalling the latest from Nvidia's website.

You also might as well update your bios to the latest version.
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is a memory related bsod.

This Stop message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory address to which it did not have permission to access
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms854226.aspx

Most times this is caused by old/wrong drivers or in rare cases memory corruption from a bad DIMM(s).

I recommend uninstalling all graphics drivers; Nvidia, AMD ...

And reinstalling the latest from Nvidia's website.

You also might as well update your bios to the latest version.

Solution

swenson.tor

Commendable
Dec 20, 2017

swenson.tor

Commendable
Dec 20, 2017
My BIOS is already the latest version because I had to update it to use a Kaby Lake chip on my Z170 motherboard. My RAM is a normal green Crucial stick (8gigs and 2133MHZ) so there could be an issue there, but I did the RAM diagnostic test and no issues were found. I will try to reinstall drivers and see if that helps.

swenson.tor

Commendable
Dec 20, 2017