Sony's 5-inch Yuga Smartphone Named Xperia Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Hey Mr. Zak, you heard. Apple releasing a console that works with Valve's Big Picture. (heart attack here) it's been a long time since Bandai Pippin. Your move Steve Ballmer.

lol @ 5 inch phones. that's too big for my pocket and it will look weird in my pant.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
However good, stylish and fast there phones are, all my friends still want the Galaxy S3, because for them it's still "the best thing".

:sigh:

halcyon

Splendid
Nice job Sony. I hope that glass is Corning Gorilla Glass 2. I hope Sony does well with the unit and that its widely available...and has decent battery life. ...but I'll wait for Samsung to release their black magic before I get too excited. If Sony can do this can you imagine what Samsung's got in the works?

@Cryio There's a reason folks like Samsung devices. It's spelled:

Removable batteries
Flawless build quality
Great performance
Durability
Removable SD card storage

Samsung has earned their following because they're getting the formula right.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]Cryio[/nom]However good, stylish and fast there phones are, all my friends still want the Galaxy S3, because for them it's still "the best thing".[/citation]
just how some people think of the iPhone, even though the nexus 4 is much cheaper and better, they still want to buy those phones

[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Nice job Sony. I hope that glass is Corning Gorilla Glass 2. I hope Sony does well with the unit and that its widely available...and has decent battery life. ...but I'll wait for Samsung to release their black magic before I get too excited. If Sony can do this can you imagine what Samsung's got in the works?@Cryio There's a reason folks like Samsung devices. It's spelled:Removable batteriesFlawless build qualityGreat performanceDurabilityRemovable SD card storageSamsung has earned their following because they're getting the formula right.[/citation]
I don't think sony uses corning's glass, I think they make their own

but samsung's devics having good build quality and high durability, lol, those things can be said about sony, nokia, motorola... not samsung or LG

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
I have a cheap LG droid and its miles better in quality of build, and used materials then any comparable Samsung, also i've had and S1+ and S2 and i disliked both of em ...

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
The s3 is actually worse than the s2 in terms of build quality. Also the samsung devices that i bought like galaxy tab (original) was so buggy, slow, and the battery stopped charging so i returned it after a month. So i dont like samsung or apple so you could imagine how well i want this phone to do.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Yeah, like a few of the comments before mine say, Samsung's build quality isn't exactly the best. Nor do their phones look the coolest.

halcyon

Splendid
Wow...I've had the S3 and now the Note 2
..and I'm abnormally picky when it comes to quality...almost past the point of reason. I wonder why my experience is so different than yours. I will admit that I baby any material thing I care about and was hesitant to try Samsung devices because of the plastics involved. ...but I have no legitimate complaints and, to the contrary, am very impressed. So again, I wonder why our experiences are so different.

imnotageek

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2008
Nothing against Sony. I use one. But my next phone has got to be a Nexus phone. It takes way too long for Sony to catch up with the latest Android OS, if at all of 'older' models (which is just about a year old).

murzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
[citation][nom]applegetsmelaid[/nom]Sony, I already have 5 inches in my pants thank you very much.[/citation]

Now we know why you need 'Apple' to get you laid.

Status
Not open for further replies.