Sony's $900 Ultra Portable Vaio P Gets XP ...Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethaniel

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2005
I tried one and the display is a disaster. The resolution is something like 1600x600. The owner was considering to return it because "she can't see a thing" in that screen, and I have to agree. Good thing adding XP though, Vista was slow as hell in that netbook, no matter what Sony wants to call it.

And they could use a chainsaw to do a price cut, like, U$S 500, maybe...?

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
It's just for show to propell Sony's branding. Netbooks even at $500 are getting dicey with the price point at about $375. Anyone buying this is just Sony happy.

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]The Vaio P is perhaps the best looking netbook out there, but that simply doesnt justify the price.[/citation]

they always seemed to me to be the apple of windows, ever take a look at their desktops? not a standard-looking one among them, and they actually out-apple apple, their most expensive system having just a core2quad where you'd at least get dual Nehalem xeon quad-cores :p

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Nothing wrong with elite products.

What's wrong is the aspect ratio of that thing. Yes, it does make it quite portable, but vertical workspace has been very underestimated lately.

1raflo

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
1 word: ripoff

Looks like a netbook, have the specs of a netbook, but is priced twice as the normal netbooks, because it is a "ultra portable" ???(netbook definition, anyone?)

a stylish look doesn't justify the $400 premium
gimme a break...

Status
Not open for further replies.