Sorry, No Call of Duty Elite PC Beta After All

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

BF3 will have all of my attention just as BC2 did. Not interested in rehash.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
You people realize that Call of Duty Elite is not a game right? Thought I would throw this out there for the people that thought it was :)

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
lol who cares!? I'll go play black ops and it'll be the same thing just different levels. why? They havent updated their game engine since 2005! Yeah that's right 2005! Their excuse? "it takes a long time to develop a new game engine and perfect it"... so they'd rather suck you dry 60 bucks at a time with games that are almost identical to the one the year before and call it something cool sounding so you still buy it.

idono

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
Dont forget that CoD is becoming increasingly easier by every iteration. Soon you wont need to aim. All you need to do is press a button and the game will play it self.

Ps. PC gets the shaft again. Activision will fall behind in the loop wich is a thumbs up in my book!

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
If AMD and Nvidia want to stay in the high-end graphics market they really need to be greasing game developer's wheels. They need to be pushing them to never give up on the PC market. If pirating is the concern, then solve it. If all game devs stopped making games for PCs today there wouldn't really be a need to build robust graphics cards. AMD/Nvidia stand to lose a lot. I would even throw in CPU and mobo mankers too. They all stand to lose a lot if game consoles are the only gaming outlet.

Sure AMD/Intel can put their cards in consoles but consoles are updated only every couple years or so. Plus, a console is a flat price where individual graphics cards are priced based on models and some are more expensive than a console itself.

alyon

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
And the problem is where? Just give me diablo 3, planetside 2, BF 3, and some fillers and I will be happy as a hog rolling in mud.

Yagame

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
I thought they used the Unreal 3 engine. Anywho, a new version of Unreal put out screen shots a few months back. Perhaps the latest game will take advantage of the latest engine.
[citation][nom]idono[/nom]Dont forget that CoD is becoming increasingly easier by every iteration. Soon you wont need to aim. All you need to do is press a button and the game will play it self.Ps. PC gets the shaft again. Activision will fall behind in the loop wich is a thumbs up in my book![/citation]

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
I was reading this article getting mad that the PC was getting the shaft again and then suddenly remembered that I dont give a f about this game lol. I got BC2 for $5 n steam and CODBO is still $50 lol

mapesdhs

Distinguished
What a sad state of affairs. I still enjoy playing CoD2 (PS2) and I have
IV and World at War unopened that I'm looking forward to, but it's a shame
the franchise seems to be slipping. I was a big MoH fan but was really
annoyed at the on-rails nature of Rising Sun; a friend told me to try CoD,
never looked back. I have the first three for PS2, 4th and 5th for PC.

So has MoH resurrected itself these days?

The only other games I've liked quite as much as CoD2 are Mercenaries,
Black and Stalker.

Ian.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Dan "One of Swords" Amrich... has to be the stupidest nickname ive ever heard. And meh, not interested in it, but it still sucks that pc gamers get the boot again. I really hope this 1st person modern shooter boner dies down and publishers decide to publish good games the way their supposed to... Xcom comes to mind

Status
Not open for further replies.